• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone here meditate?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here meditate?

With all this talk about religion I wondered if anyone here practiced meditation in any form?

If so how long can you go without thinking? I'm lucky if I can get about 10 seconds, but I'm working on it...
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    With all this talk about religion I wondered if anyone here practiced meditation in any form?

If so how long can you go without thinking? I'm lucky if I can get about 10 seconds, but I'm working on it...
    Russell can beat that, he's managed over two decades!
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 6 June 2022, 17:37.

Comment

I dont, but would like to do it, feel it is something I would benefit from it but not really sure how to go about starting

Comment

When I used to do karate our chief instructor explained that many things were moving meditation and the sitting down doing nothing one was just one style.

After I come back from some good old fashioned full contact fighting I feel a lot more relaxed so maybe there is something in it.
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I was taught TM many years ago - used regularly for a while, then got out of the habit.

I still use it for a quick few minutes in times of stress but find that CUK works just as well - oh the joys of the internet!

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
              When I used to do karate our chief instructor explained that many things were moving meditation and the sitting down doing nothing one was just one style.

After I come back from some good old fashioned full contact fighting I feel a lot more relaxed so maybe there is something in it.
              I find martial arts really good for meditating. I practice forms each morning and try and focus only on breathing and the movements. Do have a particularly restless mind though...
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
                I dont, but would like to do it, feel it is something I would benefit from it but not really sure how to go about starting
                Try this:

Free Online Meditation Course | Learn meditation online!

Comment

Yes, I started a few months ago following a holiday in the canaries. Very beneficial indeed. Keep trying and don't give up. I purchased several cd that contain a guided meditation from our local buddhist centre or try youtube for something similar.

with peace.

one day at a time

Comment

I find martial arts really good for meditating. I practice forms each morning and try and focus only on breathing and the movements. Do have a particularly restless mind though...
                    Yeah, I used to love doing kata for the same reason. Everyone else in my club used to hate it but it was probably my favorite aspect of training.

Since I have started doing Insanity training in the evenings I have spent my lunchtimes doing slow sword sword either outside or in an empty conferance room at lunchtime. My goal is to throw 1000 slow shots a week in addition to physical training.
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                    X