• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That permie.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That permie.....

You know every client has one, the permie who holds together most of the project, massively over utilised and under appreciated.

He just handed in his notice

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    You know every client has one, the permie who holds together most of the project, massively over utilised and under appreciated.

As opposed to the useless under achievers who can't wipe their arse without written instructions but somehow cling on their job regardless? I wish ours would quit.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      As opposed to the useless under achievers who can't wipe their arse without written instructions but somehow cling on their job regardless? I wish ours would quit.
      so true
      If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

... will be back as a contractor on $$$$$$$ a day.

Comment

To go contracting?

We have one at ClientCo. Bally nice bloke. Just had his prs today. Apparently he was marked down for lacking commercial savvy, and selecting the wrong communication channels.

He's a dba, who hasn't the flyingest **** about being commercially aware, and communicates by email, phone and face to face.

To say he was demoralised is an understatement.

His corrective action plan was to walk past the CIO's office every morning and make sure he is noticed coming in early, and to every day wander round to a different part of the building to introduce himself to someone he doesn't know.

I had to break it to him that there was just no way up for him at this firm, and his line manager's job was to make tulip up to keep him on the rung he's on.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I want to think I was one of those. Did extrahours for years without getting them paid just because I thought I was going to progress in the company etc etc, whist management got bonuses and I didn't. Lasted 6 years and had to go.

Best feeling was the other day when, 9 months after I left, they rang me offering me my old job back. I said no way I was going back on the same terms. They have offered me now top dollar on contract just because they know I would get the job done as I used to, with no supervision at all. I politely declined. Maybe some other time...

S

Comment

Kerchiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinggggggggggggggggg!
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Sorry Dave I'm staying the pension plan is great!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Never seen one. Seen plenty of permies who are perceived this way, but usually when you look at their output they aren't very efficient.
                  "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Happened at my ClientCo - chief architect left a few months after I'd joined, no documentation, no knowledge share, despite me asking where the doc was when I first started working.

Who spent extra time learning the framework?

Who just got his contract extended above and beyond the call of duty?

If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X