• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone know what time the end of the world is?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know what time the end of the world is?

Have I got time for a cup of tea first?
    We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
    - Douglas Adams

Originally posted by PorkPie View Post
    Have I got time for a cup of tea first?
    It was 6 minutes ago. Still, according to the Dutch Railway definition of 'delayed', it's still on time for another 9 minutes.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Blast, looks like I better start going around the office Appologising .

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        It was 6 minutes ago. Still, according to the Dutch Railway definition of 'delayed', it's still on time for another 9 minutes.
        It's not as bad as the English version, believe me.

Waiting for a train to Gatwick which was "4 mins" late, it turned up about 40 mins later and then they reduce where it was supposed to stop

The trains are certainly cleaner in cloggers
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

the world has ended

did nobody tell you?

Comment

It was 'predicted' thousands of years ago - at a time when they didn't have computers etc. Cut them a bit of slack if the apocalypse is a few minutes late
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Perhaps we should all be grateful to these folks for performing their world-saving rituals. Maybe now they can go back to busking around the town centre and playing El Condor Pasa time and time again.

Last edited by Mich the Tester; 21 December 2012, 11:31.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Because the world has not ended I'm going to have to pay my Corp tax!!

That's my tax planning out the window!
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I am in Staines, how am I supposed to tell the difference if the world has ended?
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Maybe we are the only ones left and we really only exist on this forum

Could this be a version of Hell?
                    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Working...
                    X