• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone here an expert on TV's, or knows a bit about them.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here an expert on TV's, or knows a bit about them.

I am looking for a new TV. The research done thus far, says either a Samsung 47", or a LG 55" Internet 3D tv's. Samsung has neat sensors so you can sweep your hand and change channels with voice etc.

Has anyone bought a new TV lately and have any advice?

Ping either SAS or Gentile. SAS used to be a transvesite but I doubt he had a 47 incher.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Have a look round Asda.

Comment

Where will it be going? As tempting as it is to get the biggest one possible they can be too big for the space. If it is going in a corner a 55" will have to stand a long way out of the corner. If going on a wall it can take over a wall so check the sizes.

I would personally say put your hand in your pocket and get the Samsung range that has virtually no edge. Gorgeous things. I didn't, got one with a standard black border and am gutted. My New Year sales prezzie to myself will be a new Samsung.

Like this one...

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

And then send us your router details so we can spy on you with the webcam! Better than some Russian/Ukranian fella you don't know......

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Where will it be going? As tempting as it is to get the biggest one possible they can be too big for the space. If it is going in a corner a 55" will have to stand a long way out of the corner. If going on a wall it can take over a wall so check the sizes.

I would personally say put your hand in your pocket and get the Samsung range that has virtually no edge. Gorgeous things. I didn't, got one with a standard black border and am gutted. My New Year sales prezzie to myself will be a new Samsung.

Like this one...

The lg one's have an even smaller border than the Samsung 8000 series.

Really want something to replace the 32" sony I currently have but will wait and see what CES brings before I buy.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I posted a proper response to a reasonable question in general and the ferkin poster get's himself banned. Bah.... I should have stuck boot in like everyone else and had a laugh for a few mins...

Comment

I posted a proper response to a reasonable question in general and the ferkin poster get's himself banned. Bah.... I should have stuck boot in like everyone else and had a laugh for a few mins...
                It happens. As its the season of goodwill its probably safest to play Scrooge.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

That is weird, banned for no reason whatsoever. Still I didnt give him a proper reply which means I didnt waste my time .
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Is there a media box with pointer I can add to my TV to make it a "smart" TV?

Don't say a PC!

Comment

Working...
                    X