• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed + full day of fun rejecting extension

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed + full day of fun rejecting extension

Arrived back late last night to see I got the signed contract for a gig locally which I wanted, more money, 20 minutes from home if I walk backwards.

Informed agent to tell current client, thanks for the extension offer but guess what

Agent had previously told me my contract extension was rejected as I missed the deadline, which I suspected was BS!

Whole day of (now previous) client trying to throw money at me, telling me I should be grateful etc!

Summed it up in my thanks for all the offers but:

Current contract 800 Km away from home, rate = crap, cut backs and watching everything being outsourced and depressing!
    New contract 1 Km away, rate = good, do not believe in outsourcing, expanding and great outlook.

Can you believe they thought my loyalty was misplaced and thought it was bad as the remaining team members did not have the skills to carry on the work.

Sad for the IB my heart bleeds but honestly they would not blink six months down the line when my role would be outsourced. Like I told them, now you get some practice in before then so you should be good at it by then. Life is just full of opportunities you just need to take them.

Merry Xmas everyone

congrats

Comment

If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

love it.....best decision you ever made

You´re absolutely right they´ll be canning you 6 months down the road.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Comment

Well done - after all you are in business for yourself

Comment

Well done that man, your only loyalty is to your own company
              Me, me, me...

Comment

just out of interest what IB was it ? what does it rhyme with ?

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                  X