• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

what is bio-ethanol?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is bio-ethanol?

I need some. Is it what used to be called meths?

Meths did the trick. Hic..

Comment

Bio ethanol was the Greens latest looney idea. turn food into fuel so that we dont have to use oil and therefore reduce the amount of that magic gas, CO2, into the atmosphere.

It had the wonderful side effect of reducing the worlds food supply, which the same loonies have been gleefully predicting for decades.

I say 'Had', because when people realised that it was food supply that was going down and not crop production, they started to wonder what was causing the gap in the middle.

Now it is harder to find a greenie who ever thought that burning food was a good idea than it was to find a Nazi in Germany in 1946

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

And what about Bormans, the Stringfellows of Asuncion.

Comment

ok

Now it is harder to find a greenie who ever thought that burning food was a good idea than it is to nail a jelly to the ceiling

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

Ceiling-jelly could help offset the bio-fuel induced famine.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
              Ceiling-jelly could help offset the bio-fuel induced famine.
              And useful as an automatic fire extinguisher.

When the nails melt obviously.

Comment

I always thought that the argument for bio-ethanol was less to do with carbon emissions and more to do with oil shortages and being able to grow a renewable fuel source.

I'm not sure that anyone argued that burning one carbon source would eliminate carbon emissions whilst burning another would not.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                  I always thought that the argument for bio-ethanol was less to do with carbon emissions and more to do with oil shortages and being able to grow a renewable fuel source.

I'm not sure that anyone argued that burning one carbon source would eliminate carbon emissions whilst burning another would not.
                  Where do plants get their carbon from i wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post

well, you thought wrong

carbon emissions reduced by 90%

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                    X