• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The things you lose on a client's site..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The things you lose on a client's site..

...besides your virginity with one of the cleaners.

Started with a new client a couple of weeks ago and I've already lost something: a single black sock.

Rode to work on the motorbike in the pouring rain, and my old boots were a bit leaky. Always carry a spare pair of socks in my bag to change out of the wet ones when I get on site. Of course, I get home later only to realise one of my socks is missing. Go back to the the Gents the following day to look for my lost sock but it's not there.

Not really sure if I can wander up to the very posh reception in a top City financial house and ask them if anyone has handed-in a single - very damp - black men's sock (M&S brand, I think.) As I don't have my name on my socks, I wouldn't be able to provide any further identifying marks.

I'm hoping that replacements turn up via the thoughtless Christmas presents from older family members charade next week.

Anyway, if you find it, please feel free to donate it to a charity of your choice this Christmas.
    nomadd liked this post

Did you check the bins?

I occasionally lose a sock at the swimming pool but I´ve learnt that it will be in the bin, so I always get it back.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Your dignity ?

Comment

Panties at the office party
        oxo with Sunday lunch

Comment

your will to live?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            your will to live?
            +1

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
              +1
              WHS

Although I did have a sticky fingered cleaner at one client and lost my sunglasses and a wireless mouse as a result...

Comment

A really nice coat that was about 6 years old so worth nothing to anyone else except me <grrr>. Went to the coat rack one day to pick it up after work and it had "disappeared"

Comment

previous thread...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-cleaners.html

Comment

My will to live on a regular basis....
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X