• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Packt publishing ebook offer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Packt publishing ebook offer

Should post in technical but thought more people might see it here over Xmas. Packt publishing offering ebooks for £3 +VAT each when you buy more two or more.
    Seasonal eBook Offer - Buy 2 or more $5 each | Packt Publishing

This is 70-80% off most of the ones I have just bought. Or would do if their site wasn't being such a dog

Their site is a bitch, but thanks, bought a few for peanuts.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
      Their site is a bitch, but thanks, bought a few for peanuts.
      Ay, not a good advertisement for their web books as they can't seem to get their own site working Managed to spend £50 somehow

Comment

Just bumping this as the offer closes today. Considering the hard-copy books sell for £20-40 then £3 for the PDF / ebook is pretty good value. You can also send the ebook to your kindle once you set it properly

Comment

Hmm, they seem to have made a mistake with my order

I added three ebooks to my cart, and it showed the subtotal as £9, plus £1.80 VAT, making a grand total of £10.80. All correct, thought I, and went to checkout.

Then I elected to pay via PayPal, and the system only sent the subtotal through to PayPal's payments system, meaning I didn't pay the VAT

Now downloading my files before they realise…

Comment

Isn't that normal NF, to avoid VAT going all the way round the houses?

Regarding Kindle, they list Kindle as an option for the books I bought - I have PDF, mobi & kindle as well as a "send to kindle" link but they sell these titles as Kindle books when I was checking their reviews on Amazon, so possibly this is title-specific?

And yes the site is shocking... the front-end is fine but I got 502/503 errors, page load timeouts, etc. The one on the final stage of payment was especially annoying - do I hit F5 or not - but everything appears to be OK if I can just get to download the files!
            Last edited by d000hg; 2 January 2013, 17:13.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Offer ends today, in fact. So still time to fill your eboots.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
              X