• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well, that nice isn't it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, that nice isn't it

Just in time for Christmas - a death threat

Richard Parncutt, Professor of Systematic Musicology, University of Graz, Austria, reckons Global Warming Deniers should be executed.
    He’s gone full barking mad, and though he says these are his personal opinions they are listed on his university web site.

Prof Richard Parncutt says:

'I have always been opposed to the death penalty in all cases…
    Even mass murderers [like Breivik] should not be executed, in my opinion.
    GW deniers fall into a completely different category from Behring Breivik. They are already causing the deaths of hundreds of millions of future people. We could be speaking of billions, but I am making a conservative estimate.'

Consequences

If a jury of suitably qualified scientists estimated that a given GW denier had already, with high probability (say 95%), caused the deaths of over one million future people, then s/he would be sentenced to death. The sentence would then be commuted to life imprisonment if the accused admitted their mistake, demonstrated genuine regret, AND participated significantly and positively over a long period in programs to reduce the effects of GW (from jail) – using much the same means that were previously used to spread the message of denial. At the end of that process, some GW deniers would never admit their mistake and as a result they would be executed. Perhaps that would be the only way to stop the rest of them. The death penalty would have been justified in terms of the enormous numbers of saved future lives

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

denier? Isn't that something to do with ladies' stockings? Is it going to be too hot for tights?

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      Richard Parncutt, Professor of Systematic Musicology, University of Graz, Austria, reckons Global Warming Deniers should be executed.
      Does he post on cuk? andyw?

Comment

For a professor, I'm surprised he is confusing the ups and downs of Climate Change, which has happened throughout the history of the world, with Anthropogenic Global Warming, which has become a faith like the Moonies, Scientology and the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Comment

Working...
        X