• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas bright idea

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas bright idea

SY03 says he does not believe in Father Christmas any more. He is 8 years old, and a big boy now apparently. He has promised not to spoil it for his younger siblings.

I casually asked him what it would take to get him believing again. He said he would need to see him delivering the stockings, and not have a fake beard.

So I bought a 10 pc Santa costume (which I fill out nicely ) and some beard glue.

Should be entertaining. What could possibly go wrong
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

I'd have just said 'ok son' and then come Christmas morning watched his face as his siblings opened their stockings and his remained empty at the bottom of his bed.

Remember non-believers don't get pressies or enter the kingdom of god!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      SY03 says he does not believe in Father Christmas any more. He is 8 years old, and a big boy now apparently. He has promised not to spoil it for his younger siblings.

I casually asked him what it would take to get him believing again. He said he would need to see him delivering the stockings, and not have a fake beard.

So I bought a 10 pc Santa costume (which I fill out nicely ) and some beard glue.

Should be entertaining. What could possibly go wrong
      He's not very bright. I pretended to believe until I was about 23 so I still got presents.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        He's not very bright. I pretended to believe until I was about 23 so I still got presents.
        Doogie still believes so he can get a free sip of wine and a piece of bread each year.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I'd have just said 'ok son' and then come Christmas morning watched his face as his siblings opened their stockings and his remained empty at the bottom of his bed.

Remember non-believers don't get pressies or enter the kingdom of god!
          Dad?
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I'm sure my oldest son (8) doesn't believe but he doesn't say.

Reminds me of this scene in Ghostbusters -

if there's a stead stream of presents in it, I'll believe anything you say.
            Back at the coal face

Comment

Originally posted by al_cam View Post
              I'm sure my oldest son (8) doesn't believe but he doesn't say.

Reminds me of this scene in Ghostbusters -

if there's a stead stream of presents in it, I'll believe anything you say.
              Now that's what I call a proper contractor
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

... Should be entertaining. What could possibly go wrong
                Can't possibly imagine, but are your chimneys as wide as the ones in, say, Hampton Court?
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Dad?
                  Princess?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Now that's what I call a proper contractor
                    That's nothing - immediately after this is the perfect client -

(just 10 seconds in to this clip)
                    Back at the coal face

Comment

Working...
                    X