• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody CV Sites

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody CV Sites

Reactivated my CV on a few sites today, and got this gem in my inbox about 5 hours later....

Dear Mark,

We are responding to your internet resume currently registered on an internet database and would like to make you aware of a business opportunity with our company. Our proposal to you is probably different than you may have envisaged when you posted your resume. You would be working your own business, from home, around your existing schedule. You would earn an income commensurate with what you produce and not what a traditional corporate structure, politics or your educational background dictates.

The advantages to this system are numerous:-

1.You eliminate the cost and time wasted by commuting

2.You spend more time with your family

3.Your income is not limited

4.You can potentially work fewer hours for more money

You don’t answer to a boss in a traditional corporate structure, but only to yourself. If you don’t feel like working, you don’t have to. If you want to earn more you can, simply by putting in more time and effort. You are master of your own destiny and can start dreaming again!

There are also tax savings as many of your current expenses will become tax deductible. For example, your telephone, a portion of your rent or mortgage, your entertainment bill and many others. Clearly there are conditions, which must be met, in order to legally qualify for these tax breaks but with a home-based business the opportunity is available.

This opportunity is also suitable for a second income earner in a household and can be worked by a mother around the needs of her children.

All you need is your computer, an internet connection, to be hard working and teachable. We will show you step by step how to make that extra money and build an income that grows and continues even when you have stopped working. No more pension worries!

In spite of everything we have said above; this business opportunity, which is completely genuine, may not be appropriate for you and for this reason if you have no interest there is no further action to take.

If, however, you are seriously looking for the chance to change your life completely then reply to this e-mail ([email protected]) and we will supply you with the detail required for you to fully research our offer.

We look forward to hearing from you

Regards

Chris and Carole Hill

Contact Details:

76 Riverside Way

Kelvedon

Essex

CO5 9LY 01376 572446

Anybody else got crap like this?? I feel some tulipty e-mails coming on.... Then again I may contact them and ask for thier bank account details and see what one of the random nigerian contractors I have worked with in my time can do with them

Oh yes...I've had these as well...selling a business coaching franchise or some such...

Highly irritating!
    http://nickmueller.blogspot.com/

Comment

All you need is an internet connection, a webcam, and the willingness to take your kit off while someone in america burps the worm
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

This looks like one of the less legitimate network marketing schemes.

It is illegal for them to cold canvas you, you have to have opted in for them to contact you. Unless of course you agreed to have your details distributed by the Job site.

Never trust a network scheme that wont tell you what its product is!
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect
          All you need is an internet connection, a webcam, and the willingness to take your kit off while someone in america burps the worm
          Thanks. I am now going to be spending the rest of the day with the image of Americans molesting worms...

brrrr!
          http://nickmueller.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
            Never a truer phrase.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
              This looks like one of the less legitimate network marketing schemes.

It is illegal for them to cold canvas you, you have to have opted in for them to contact you. Unless of course you agreed to have your details distributed by the Job site.

Probably missed a checkbox and aggreed to have my details distributed by the Job site. Annoying thing is I don't know which site they got my CV from

Ah well another Junk filter made...

Comment

what does "burp the worm" mean? I'm not down with these gangsta expressions
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Come on Bagpuss. You're a clever cat. You can figure that one out.
                  "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

It's like "polishing" your "trumpet" but you make a "worm" "burp".
                    hth
                    We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Working...
                    X