• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google Finance "PINK" and other prefix

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Finance "PINK" and other prefix

Hi All - wishing a merry xmas

I am using Google Finance service from Google Finance: Stock market quotes, news, currency conversions & more and also a Google Spreadsheet using their =GoogleFinance(A6,"price") etc style API.

I noticed that some shares that I can find on the finance web site have prefix PINK etc and PINKSHEETS

e.g.
    Roche Holding Ltd. (ADR)
    (PINK:RHHBY

Anyone know what this means? I did google it, but it refers to some paper system that used to exist before electronic trading.

Also, rather oddly, some shares available on the google finance site, do not get found from the =GoogleFinance() API

Anyone else trying to use these tools?

Cheers, rich

The Pink Pound ?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

LMGTFY

For decades, the NQB reported quotations for both stocks and bonds, publishing the quotations in the paper-based Pink Sheets and Yellow Sheets respectively. The publications were named for the color of paper on which they were printed. In September 1999, the NQB introduced the real-time Electronic Quotation Service.[4] The National Quotation Bureau changed its name to Pink Sheets LLC in 2000 and subsequently to Pink OTC Markets in 2008. The company eventually changed to its current name, OTC Markets Group, in 2010.[5] Today, a network of over 160 broker-dealers price and trade a wide spectrum of securities on the OTC Markets platform.[5]

OTC Markets Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are not off a regular stock exchange so instead of NYSE:

NYSE Euronext: NYSE:NYX quotes & news - Google Finance

or LSE:ITV

ITV plc: LON:ITV quotes & news - Google Finance

you get

PINK:SLMXF

PINK:SLMXD: PINK:SLMXF quotes & news - Google Finance
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        LMGTFY

Thanks for the reply with expanation

Comment

Originally posted by richy View Post
          Thanks for the reply with expanation
          Not as helpful as he could have been - Couldn't be bothered to provide the lmgtfy link.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
          X