• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone worked through Anson Mccade

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone worked through Anson Mccade

This is an agency that appears to be paying late and refusing to answer phone calls. On one occasion the phone was answered and then as soon as I the caller introduced himself the phone was put down. Anyone else having trouble with this agency? Is this agency in the process of going bust?

Afraid not - I haven't even heard of them.

Late payments or perhaps 'non-payment' combined with avoiding contact should be treated with a high degree of suspicion - you must be really careful now.

For starters :-

1. Inform the client. They may be able & willing to exert their own pressure on the agency.

2. Do not submit any more invoices to the client until such time as they have settled (and you have banked) all previous invoices.

It is likely the agency is already in breach of contract, so I do not see why you cannot negotiate direct with the client from here on, if the client is willing. Most clients tend to be pretty digusted (rightfully so) at agencies who don't pay their contractors and may well be agreeable to this.

I appreciate there is a different contract between client & agency, but my 3 points are still relevant.

3. Not withstanding my 2 previous points, if payment is still not forthcoming the agency is almost certainly in trouble. Get professional help. Consider serving a winding up order on the agency.

Act now. You are far from being the 1st contractor who has lost substantial moneys from agencies going down the pan.

And often the directors then start up another agency immediately, or are already in the process of doing so.
    Last edited by BobTheCrate; 28 June 2006, 09:59.

Comment

Working...
    X