• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour will help the forgotten, says Ed Miliband in New Year message

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labour will help the forgotten, says Ed Miliband in New Year message

Labour leader Ed Miliband has promised to stand up for the "forgotten wealth- creators" and young people "let down" by the coalition government.

excellent he is going to reduce them to welfare dependency paid for borrowing too!

who will rid us of these turbulent prats?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Thank god Labour are being rendered irrelevant by Ed Milliband. Long may his reign continue.

Comment

Nah, they'll conveniently forget to do it.

Comment

Who are "the forgotten"?
        I think he means the wealth creators, i.e. us.

So he'll remove IR35 then?

er maybe that would be a no, then..

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
          Who are "the forgotten"?
          The cleaners for example.

Comment

The suckers that pay for everything? No chance.

Comment

Who are "the forgotten"?
              Is he referring to himself and Balls?
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Does Labour know anything else other than borrow and spend ? And then they cannot borrow increase taxes. There is a rumour they will introduce an oxygen tax too.
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Who are "the forgotten"?
                  I think he means the wealth creators, i.e. us.

So he'll remove IR35 then?

er maybe that would be a no, then..

Not me guv, I'm a parasite sucking every penny I can out of public sector contracts that should be done by cheaper permies.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Nah, they'll conveniently forget to do it.
                    Which is precisely what many Labour voters are assuming.

Like at the last election, many lefties assumed the Labour's promise to "cut public sector spending to address the deficit when the time is right" was code talk for "never".

That's a large chunk of the reason why we have retained our AAA rating (for now) because the coalition can be relied upon to at least attempt to follow through on what they said they would do, regardless of whether or not the policy is successful.

Contranst this against large parts of Europe where anything remotely hard to do is merely announced, yet never actually attempted.

Comment

Working...
                    X