• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Forty five years old - a turning point for blokes?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forty five years old - a turning point for blokes?

Got a friend of over 10 years who's started acting up. I'm sure I'm the same irritating piss taking knob I've always been, but it's like he's had a sense of humour bypass

It came briefly into conversation while the outlaws were round the other day, and mil asked how old said friend was. 48 I replied. There you go she said.

Wtf?

All men after the age of 45 go a bit funny, she said, casting a glance in the direction of FIL.

I'm 35 and petrified I will become a grumpy humourless arse on the stroke of my 45th birthday.

Can some of the olds on here reassure me please? Zippy, Norrahe, mudskipper, Brillo, say it ain't so.
    Last edited by suityou01; 30 December 2012, 13:10.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Got a friend of over 10 years who's started acting up. I'm sure I'm the same irritating piss taking knob I've always been, but it's like he's had a sense of humour bypass

It came briefly into conversation while the outlaws were round the other day, and mil asked how old said friend was. 48 I replied. There you go she said.

Wtf?

All men after the age of 45 go a bit funny, she said, casting a glance in the direction of FIL.

I'm 35 and petrified I will become a grumpy humourless arse on the stroke of my 45th birthday.

Can some of the olds on here reassure me please? Zippy, Norrahe, mudskipper, Brillo, say it ain't so.

Hopefully by the time you hit 40, you'll be able to spell 40.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Hopefully by the time you hit 40, you'll be able to spell 40.

Comment

You could ask EO - though I am not sure if he can remember back as far as his 45th birthday!

So I am 50 on 27th August next year. And I am as grumpy and humourless as I have ever been. Except I am alot fitter now.

I keep hearing this sh1t. At 40 life begins. At 30 the shape you are defines the shape you will be forever. Life is what you make of it. If you decide to stop being a bed wetter you can do it!

Same with Nibiru and end of Mayan calendar. Or this absolute certainty that God does not exist. Its all total bollux.

Though I am really looking foward to MF's reply to this thread......

Comment

Youre worried youll become a Grumpy humourless arse at 45???

You've already peaked early mate!!
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Though I am really looking foward to MF's reply to this thread......
            Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Did mrs MF like the anal beads? Scoured the web looking for those. Tell her I'll pop down in the week, show her how to us them.

Comment

Did mrs MF like the anal beads? Scoured the web looking for those. Tell her I'll pop down in the week, show her how to us them.
                I thought one does not use anal beads until one is 45?

Comment

Are you sure they're beads, not grapes?

Comment

Jesus, if you are like this at 35 I hate to think what you will be like when you are 45! Hopefully permabanned from here so we dont have to suffer.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                    X