• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tonight (NYE) I shall mostly be....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight Mrs EO and I will be ascending Rivington Pike, to overlook Bolton, Manchester and if it is perfectly clear, Liverpool.
    It is nice up there at night, quiet, cold and with a big beautiful starry starry sky.

Then an midnight the fireworks start.

If I drink, I will be mostly sozzed, if the missus drinks, I will drive and take a flask of hot toddy for her. For some strange reason, it's one night of the year that I dont mind driving

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Tonight I shall mostly be giving the booze a rest. I've drank for the past 2 weeks solid.

Then again... maybe just one more night!!
    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Friends arrivign from Italy, Cornwall and Surrey for 3 day shindig with heaps of fireworks, more than enough booze to capsize a small sail ship, a suckling pig and more.

Can't wait. Something tells me I am not going to be of this earth for a week or so...

Comment

I have negotiated a £10 charge each to collect daughter and 3 of her chums from some nightclub 20 miles away (taxis wanted £90) & ferry back to home where they will all spend the night so no boozing for me & all to play for in the last post of 2012 thread

I did try for an extra £10 each for accommodation + full English in the morning but was told to stop being a grumpy old git
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

NYE is the most boring night of the year. FA on TV. I will be in bed at 8pm - wake at midnight to fireworks. Back asleep at 00:01. Up at 7am for jogging.

Comment

I'll be off to a live music event with burlesque dancers.

It'll be interesting to see the dancing cos Mrs BeA is the choreographer and the dining room has become the dance studio for the past three days. Sadly she'll not be dancing herself this year.

Comment

Mr N and I will be pigging out on foie gras and fizz and watching the cloggie night skies explode with enough fireworks to put November 5th to shame.

We might also join the neighbours in watching them try to set fire to themselves while setting off fireworks at close range

We'll then raise a glass again at 1am to celebrate the new year in blighty and the oul sod
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Was going to go to the pub and just have a few with Frau D. as she has to be at work at 9 in the morning but might let her go home early and then clubbing with a mate but even then might still have a reasonably early night as I have to be up at 5 on Wednesday and drive 300km to work. We shall see how the night progresses but first its a nice rump steak...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Mr C and I will be quaffing Homebrew and nibbling on Stilton and French saucisson (known in chez Cojak as donkey knobs) while watching the countdown
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Edinburgh for the Princes Street Street Party, the Scots being sensible enough to take Jan 1st AND 2nd as Bank Holidays.
                    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Working...
                    X