• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody BT Yahoo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody BT Yahoo

A couple of weeks ago BT Yahoo started treating all my email as spam, so I've got to go sorting through the tulipe folder (Bulk) for my proper mail. I've complained three times.

The first time, they suggested I stop setting up individual filters for each of my wanted emails and sending them to the tulipe folder. Eh?

The second time they said it was being escalated.

The third time, well, they have ignored it so far.

I would blame the Indian call centre staff, and I do for the first stupid reply, but the issue is crap developers making changes without testing them properly.

Anyone else here having the same problem? Who can I escalate it to?

Indeed I have noticed the crapness of code and a general lack of testing increasing in the industry. One of my clients does not test at all before going live on an unsuspecting public. Yet I don't mind so much when they pay me to fix the resulting fsckups.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

It would seem most permie test managers/team leads don't really care about the results of testing any more, they just want to be able to say they have tested.

Last place I was at we were running smoke tests as the only validation before going live. The team lead couldn't seem to get it through his head that the smoke test was to see if it was good enough to run a complete validation, not to see if it was good enough to release......

Saw a couple of versions go out that had failed smoke tests....

Comment

Indeed, Threaded.
        It's got to go in on time and on budget.
        Testing it just slows the whole process down...
        We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

yup totally agree... the prevailing attitude seems to be "testing? what's that?"

the place I'm at now seems to be much better though I have to admit. whereas in other places I've worked development teams and development projects have increased but testing teams have remained the same (that's if they haven't decreased) this place seems to be actively increasing their testing resources and investing money into training them.
          "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

Completely agree. I test in the finance area, and with the onset of IFRS and then SOX we warned the users that testing would take longer due to the extra regulation and the need to provide proven test results.
            Were deadlines moved to take that into account? Were they hell!

Comment

Oh for god's sake buy a domain and get some REAL hosting with a small business that HAS to look after it's clients. I think mine cost about £20 a year and has not given me the arse once yet!

http://www.krystal.co.uk/
              Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

its
                We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Well Wendigo looks like you are testing the software yourself , saves Yahoo/BT having to employ testers. Now if you could also bug fix and send in some ideas on what they need to do then that would help them as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitbucket
                    Well Wendigo looks like you are testing the software yourself , saves Yahoo/BT having to employ testers. Now if you could also bug fix and send in some ideas on what they need to do then that would help them as well.
                    Replace BT with Microsoft and ........
                    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Working...
                    X