• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IRL Looney Tunes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRL Looney Tunes

US heads off fiscal cliff… after which an anvil drops on their head

And people say we have a rubbish system.

I was in the US while they were trying to resolve the Bush/Gore election. Some bloke in a bar said 'bet you guys <meaning Brits - why would they care?> are laughing your asses off at this?' I said 'no. just find it sad it's come to this'.
    Same shit:, different day.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

At least some of them are aware that their process of government now seems like this:

or this:

to any normal person

Comment

several times on this forum I have asked the collective economic genii why the country is not run in the same way that I run my domestic budget
        i.e. try to match spending to income

every time they put their fingers to the temple, stick there tongues out and make 'mental' circling manouvres
        well, maybe I am a loon, but who is staring down a cliff now eh ? dicksplats

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          several times on this forum I have asked the collective economic genii why the country is not run in the same way that I run my domestic budget

every time they put their fingers to the temple, stick there tongues out and make 'mental' circling manouvres
          well, maybe I am a loon, but who is staring down a cliff now eh ? dicksplats

He's right dagnabbit.

here is the US financial cliff, with a load of zeros taken off(8) - to make it a domestic budget

Annual Household income - £21,000
          Annual Household spends - £38,000
          Annual addition to credit card - £7,000
          Current amount on credit card - £142,000

Amount of spends that I have asked the missus to reduce, but she is fighting like heck and threatening all sorts of dire results if I just dont stfu - £40

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

We had to go through Heath(Cameron) to get to Thatcher.

Comment

He's right dagnabbit.

here is the US financial cliff, with a load of zeros taken off(8) - to make it a domestic budget

Current amount on credit card - £142,000

Amount of spends that I have asked the missus to reduce, but she is fighting like heck and threatening all sorts of dire results if I just dont stfu - £40

Nice analogy.

Where's the extra £10K coming from? Or should it be 17K on the credit card? (Genuine question, not trying to 'nit-pick' - is it a typo, or is the other £10K coming from somewhere else?)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                US heads off fiscal cliff… after which an anvil drops on their head
                and unfortunately, the anvil is tied by a not very long rope to our ankles ...
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

So after failing to reach an agreement and missing their own self imposed deadline the actual impact is, not really a lot?!
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Nice analogy.

Where's the extra £10K coming from? Or should it be 17K on the credit card? (Genuine question, not trying to 'nit-pick' - is it a typo, or is the other £10K coming from somewhere else?)
                    dammit, you are right.

it's even worse than we thought
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                    X