• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has anyone had a worse new year??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone had a worse new year??

Felt a bit ropey yesterday afternoon, but plodded on - so still went to the Britannia Hotel Didsbury with my friend for an all inclusive NYE package for a bargain 33 quid each.

Looks like I booked for the wrong hotel - we were at the Britannia in Offerton, Stockport. Makes Fawlty Towers look good.

Food was very literally inedible, and I had full blown gastro-enteritis develop with terrible ring sting, up to the room 10 times over the evening.

Joined the NYE party revellers - a load of Pontins types from Glasgow, doing dancing to Gay Gordons, Scotland the Brave and Showaddywaddy. No totty, just people with teenage kids or biddies with walking sticks. All very nice folks mind you....

Elderly guy in the gents tells me abot his missus's water works troubles and how the BP would not let them use their toilet, but got a plant on the cheek from a lovely freindly old lady at midnight.

My mate was also poorly, coughing the night away so I have no sleep.

Apparantly they are on a 4 day mystery tour - which is the only way this crap hotel can get some custom. They were jealous that we were there for just one night and just 10 mins drive from our homes.

Can anyone beat this? Please - I need a laugh.......

Wilmslooooooooow <canned laughter>
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I think Wilmslow, in the final analysis you just attract bad luck

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        I think Wilmslow, in the final analysis you just make nutty decisions

Comment

Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
          Felt a bit ropey yesterday afternoon, but plodded on - so still went to the Britannia Hotel Didsbury with my friend for an all inclusive NYE package for a bargain 33 quid each.

Looks like I booked for the wrong hotel - we were at the Britannia in Offerton, Stockport. Makes Fawlty Towers look good.

Food was very literally inedible, and I had full blown gastro-enteritis develop with terrible ring sting, up to the room 10 times over the evening.

Joined the NYE party revellers - a load of Pontins types from Glasgow, doing dancing to Gay Gordons, Scotland the Brave and Showaddywaddy. No totty, just people with teenage kids or biddies with walking sticks. All very nice folks mind you....

Elderly guy in the gents tells me abot his missus's water works troubles and how the BP would not let them use their toilet, but got a plant on the cheek from a lovely freindly old lady at midnight.

My mate was also poorly, coughing the night away so I have no sleep.

Apparantly they are on a 4 day mystery tour - which is the only way this crap hotel can get some custom. They were jealous that we were there for just one night and just 10 mins drive from our homes.

Can anyone beat this? Please - I need a laugh.......
          I had to read that tripe, where's my ******* medal
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Had previous New Years in NL. Utter crap. Most places closed or closed for private parties. Many Dutch staying at home for a quite night.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              I had to read that tripe, where's my ******* medal
              With Wilmslow you only get those posthumously

Comment

but got a plant on the cheek from a lovely freindly old lady at midnight.
                What sort of plant was it?

But it sounds liked you pulled! You should have told her you were a virgin - she might have taken pity and popped your cherry...

Comment

Felt a bit ropey yesterday afternoon, but plodded on - so still went to the Didsbury with my friend for an all inclusive NYE package for a bargain 33 quid each.

The night club attached to the Britannia Hotel Disbury is chav central, you probably wouldn't have fared any better there
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    The night club attached to the Britannia Hotel Disbury is chav central, you probably wouldn't have fared any better there

Would fit right in.

Comment

Working...
                    X