• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boring Contract...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boring Contract...

Not only is it nearly a month and still no Lappy and still no login, this week there's hardly any fecker in to give me pointless tasks to do like reading yet another design doc or topo...

Had seven coffees too and can't sit still....

Still, keep on invoicing and all that. At least there's the hotel bar later to get lashed...

This is what cuk was invented for.

Or can you work on plan B?

Comment

Boring Contract...

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      This is what cuk was invented for.

Or can you work on plan B?
      I'm scheming around plan B, and wondering what the policy here is regarding wanking at work, that'll sort this afternoon out, does take a while nowadays...

Comment

Boring Contract...

I've just won 32gb of Sun ram on eBay tho, so not all boring!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          I've just won 32gb of Sun ram on eBay tho, so not all boring!
          What are you going to put that in?

Comment

Boring Contract...

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
            What are you going to put that in?
            Sun Fire X4200 M2, I'm retiring its predecessor an X4200 none-M2...

Comment

Not only is it nearly a month and still no Lappy and still no login, this week there's hardly any fecker in to give me pointless tasks to do like reading yet another design doc or topo...

Had seven coffees too and can't sit still....

Still, keep on invoicing and all that. At least there's the hotel bar later to get lashed...
              Suity? Suity is that you???

I would have kicked up a fuss by the 3rd day minimum if they insisted on me using their equipment. After a week I'd have had some scrote against the wall.

A month!!! You're having a giraffe mate. I'd have fecked off somewhere more professional by now.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Sun Fire X4200 M2, I'm retiring its predecessor an X4200 none-M2...
                you will be wanting some Ear Muffs as well then those servers are bloody loud!

Comment

Boring Contract...

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Suity? Suity is that you???

I would have kicked up a fuss by the 3rd day minimum if they insisted on me using their equipment. After a week I'd have had some scrote against the wall.

A month!!! You're having a giraffe mate. I'd have fecked off somewhere more professional by now.
                  Oddly enough I just decided to do just that this lunchtime, hate baling out but done it once before. Spotted a cracker of a role on JS whilst eating my Chicken Fiorentine, got back to office after a mull and it's disappeared! Gonna spend this affy looking for it. It's out there somewhere.

Comment

Boring Contract...

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                    you will be wanting some Ear Muffs as well then those servers are bloody loud!
                    Truly! Mine are in my shed, which is a shed to die for.

There's a T2000 in there as well along with an IBM pSeries and HMC.

Luckily all with iloms/fsp so can power on/off remotely.

Comment

Working...
                    X