• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iProfile

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iProfile

Has anyone used this successfully?
    It's an online CV tool that some agents use for pre-screening CVs but it tough to use. I have been adding bits of information on contracts, experience, achievements etc for hours and it's still only 30% complete.

iProfile =

Many people spend a valuable amount of time trying to scrape themselves off iProfile, a futile task in my opinion.

I keep a presence there only to check what garbage agents put on there about me, so that I can remove the most inaccurate stuff.

Spending a lot of effort entering accurate info is a waste of time as an idiot graduate will overwrite your hard work with an out-of-date CV they've scraped off another agent's folder.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

If you come back in a year you will find your iProfile 60% complete as some "lovely" agent will have overwritten your correctly entered profile with rubbish.

Even if the agent is on iProfile you are likely to find the role elsewhere.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        If you come back in a year you will find your iProfile 60% complete as some "lovely" agent will have overwritten your correctly entered profile with rubbish.

Even if the agent is on iProfile you are likely to find the role elsewhere.
        Yes..absolute waste. I deleted my iProfile last year.

Comment

ah so just found this thread after spending 2 hours of my day signing upto this darn thing

life lesson - search CFUK 1st

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
            ah so just found this thread after spending 2 hours of my day signing upto this darn thing

life lesson - search CFUK 1st
            Indeed!

If it ain't NLUK approved it's probably a load of tulip is my current rule
            Permietractor (probably)

Comment

Originally posted by Mephisto View Post
              Indeed!

If it ain't NLUK approved it's probably a load of tulip is my current rule
              I don't even know what it is. I have an aversion to anything 'i' related lol...

I like the stats on the front page '85% of their CV database is worthless!' Factor that in with the fact only 2% of agents are any good it is a surprise they place anyone at all.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I don't know why agents are still using this piece of tulipe.... I applied for a role through some job site and got an email back from the agency saying they had updated me in iprofile. I haven't logged into iprofile for about 5 years so I thought I would go and bring it upto date. Kept getting errors no matter what I tried to update on the profile. Pressing save on a section didn't do anything. Rebuilding a profile from a freshly uploaded CV just gave an error message.

So I went to the "contact us" page and submitted an error report. Then 5 mins later I was in email and found an email server bounce - messaged undeliverable to iprofile.org.

No other means of contact yet somebody is still paying their domain name registration fees, last updated 8 Jan 2017 and contact details for some people there. Googling further it seems that they sell recruitment software to agents, yet the email from the agents redirects us back to their dud site. Oh and I have just answered my initial question lol.
                This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
                X