• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nationwide House Price Index December 2012

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nationwide House Price Index December 2012

http://i.nfinews.co.uk/CmpDoc/2009/7...531C5M,42I3N,1

Happy new year guys.

I have enclosed the link to the Nationwide HPI Dec 2012 report. The key points are:

- The price of a typical house declined by 0.1%.
    - Overall in 2012, the typical house price declined by 1% reversing the 1% increase in 2011.

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
    http://i.nfinews.co.uk/CmpDoc/2009/7...531C5M,42I3N,1

Happy new year guys.

I have enclosed the link to the Nationwide HPI Dec 2012 report. The key points are:

- The price of a typical house declined by 0.1%.
    - Overall in 2012, the typical house price declined by 1% Reversing the 1% increase in 2012.
    Eh?

Increases in the South East, 6% in Reigate and Banstead.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
      Eh?

Increases in the South East, 6% in Reigate and Banstead.
      Apologies - 2011 - all amended

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Doomed or Boomed?

Fairly uncertain at the moment I would say. The outlook for the UK economy still seems pretty bleak for 2013 from what I have read recently in the mortgage press. However latest reports from this morning suggest we should hopefully avoid a dreaded tripple dip recession despite it being a very real danger.

The UK's AAA credit rating is still under threat according to Moody's, Standard and Poor and Fitch. Some economists believe we will be downgraded in 2013. If this happens, we can expect the cost of credit to soar. As well as putting pressure on business, it will make it more difficult for the government to finance the funding for lending scheme which will have a direct impact on the housing market.

Comment

So if we subtract the pretend rate of inflation (2.7%) they fell by 3.7%. If you work on the real rate of inflation (8-10%) you can see they are plummeting.

Technically we are in a depression, you cannot add government spending (borrowing) to make it appear that we are not and that is exactly what they have done.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
            So if we subtract the pretend rate of inflation (2.7%) they fell by 3.7%. If you work on the real rate of inflation (8-10%) you can see they are plummeting.

Technically we are in a depression, you cannot add government spending (borrowing) to make it appear that we are not and that is exactly what they have done.
            I disagree. In southend, for example, the town had rises of 13%. I know in the borough I have a couple of houses, prices rose 6%. The main problem of having an index like this, is that it doesn't tell the whole story, it averages it out. Stoke, for example, has come down 10% I believe. I am also assured places like Wigan, St Helens, have also taken a bashing. Rural somerset has stagnated, I know of places in Wiltshire that have come out with 6%, some that have dropped 12%.

Look at it regionally.

Comment

Look at it regionally.
              I dont think you disagreed, some regional variances does not change the picture. I live in north and they probably plummeted 20% here. Doesnt alter the overall analysis. Was inflation higher in your areas? lol

Comment

All of this.

Comment

I dont think you disagreed, some regional variances does not change the picture. I live in north and they probably plummeted 20% here. Doesnt alter the overall analysis. Was inflation higher in your areas? lol
                  No, not a bit, but in the areas I have houses, prices rose, even taking into account inflation at 2.7%. I just find it harder to listen to people say house prices have dropped by 1%, when in a lot of areas they haven't. I'd rather the lazy twats at the Banks put together regional lists, so you have a much better idea of where the losses are really eye watering.

Comment

I'd rather the lazy twats at the Banks put together regional lists, so you have a much better idea of where the losses are really eye watering.
                    I think they do, is it the Halifax list that does? Ah look on page two of the nationwide release, theres a link to more detailed regional info.

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/hpi/historical/Q4_2012.pdf

Comment

Working...
                    X