• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sorry for outages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for outages

Been trying to sort the internal search system out. I know it is easier to use Google to search the forum but it also affects being able to look up posts by user etc so really needs sorting out. A couple of times the re-indexing system has brought the server to its knees but hopefully the process running now should have finished by the morning and the search table should be all up to date... If you any problems with the forum let me know.

Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Been trying to sort the internal search system out. I know it is easier to use Google to search the forum but it also affects being able to look up posts by user etc so really needs sorting out. A couple of times the re-indexing system has brought the server to its knees but hopefully the process running now should have finished by the morning and the search table should be all up to date... If you any problems with the forum let me know.

I would suggest deleting the two 'Test Please Delete' threads. This should speed up the indexing ten fold and also save you important space.

DROP THREAD "Test Please Delete%"

Should do it.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      I would suggest deleting the two 'Test Please Delete' threads. This should speed up the indexing ten fold and also save you important space.

DROP THREAD "Test Please Delete%"

Should do it.
      Personally DROP POSTER WHERE USERNAME= MarillionFan would work just as well.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I get those outages too. Ditch the whisky.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

delete from table cukSaddoUsers where posterType = 'sockie'

Comment

Maybe AtW could donate some servers for CUK instead of the GoDaddy hosted Linux $3.99/month plan it's on now

After all, much of the blame lies with AtW so it's only right he pays his fair share.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Terrible service, I'm taking my money elsewhere.

Comment

You will be

Comment

Never mind the outages, you should be apologising for the hours of my life spent reading drivel on here. I'll never get those back.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

OK who hasn't paid their subs to cover the server costs.

MF and BP I'm looking at you two.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X