• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

An Australian gentleman's opinion on the IT Industry...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Australian gentleman's opinion on the IT Industry...

Careful... don't play this on a client site it has profanity...

Despite the humour in these videos there is some underlying truth in what he states with ageism and bad decisions.. what do you think ...?

His network admin experience with a small retailer..

His general opinion on the IT industry

A reenactment of his employers decision

Holy tulip - sooo glad I got myself sorted so soon, as this could have been me!!

I like his style though.....

Comment

What a bedwetter.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
        I like his style though.....
        His style stinks, he's a through and through techie with an over inflated sense of importance and no idea of how IT is simply a tool for the business.
        I love the "pat on the back" he got out of the MD for his neat and tidy cabling

He needs to work with the business to work out the risk and possible cost issues of any down time rather than shouting and calling them idiots
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          …rather than shouting and calling them idiots
          I think you missed the word "Australian" in the title

Comment

AussieLong?
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

He's right in a way. Its probably the only industry where every 2-3 years a new way of doing the same thing comes out that you have to learn, usually its slower and worse than the old way of doing it.

Its also a skill that a lot of people with no real knowledge or experience can have a go at and do badly.

Though surprisingly the everyday people 18-25 seem to know as little about computers as the 35+ age group. I cant understand it as they have surely used a computer all through school, very strange to me.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                Though surprisingly the everyday people 18-25 seem to know as little about computers as the 35+ age group. I cant understand it as they have surely used a computer to play games on all through school, very strange to me.
                FTFY.
                nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  His style stinks, he's a through and through techie with an over inflated sense of importance and no idea of how IT is simply a tool for the business.
                  I love the "pat on the back" he got out of the MD for his neat and tidy cabling

He needs to work with the business to work out the risk and possible cost issues of any down time rather than shouting and calling them idiots
                  WHS. I've got it playing in the background. He's so full of his own self importance it's cringy. What a whinging twat.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                    Though surprisingly the everyday people 18-25 seem to know as little about computers as the 35+ age group. I cant understand it as they have surely used a computer all through school, very strange to me.
                    Plenty of people drive cars for years, yet don't know something as simple as how to top up the windscreen washer liquid.

Comment

Working...
                    X