• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Child Benefit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Child Benefit

Anyone opted out, are all of you a bunch of taxing dodging gits by ensuring you're less than £50k per spouse?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Hah, if we opted out it would just be claimed by my partner's ex, which then also entitles her to claim child support through the CSA.

Considering the kids predominantly live with us....uhm, no way.

Comment

Nah, just under the 50k from permie-dom as at April 2012 so I think we're off the radar. I only just confirmed this by completing the tax return . Having since separated it would be an interesting wail-esque whinge article if I were to get stung under the 'household' element of the test.

Tbh, when we first qualified I thought we didn't really, hand on heart, need it. Must be a lot like us, it doesn't make the difference between food and no food for the kids, just better food, clothes, holidays, cars...whatever

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Anyone opted out, are all of you a bunch of taxing dodging gits by ensuring you're less than £50k per spouse?
        Not an option for you as a permie I guess...

Comment

As neither of us are higher rate tax payers we have to endure the shame of being 'benefit claimants'.
          Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

This guy's taking the big hit.

Hardly something he should be shouting about.

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
              This guy's taking the big hit.

Hardly something he should be shouting about.
              Seriously George, Go f u c k yourself. Everyone has to contribute??? Don't lecture us you pontificating tosspot! I for one was frugal when everyone else was pissing their credit cards, cheap loans and benefits up against the wall. Don't think that now, that you the politicians, the benefit scroungers and morons who borrowed so much without any concept of basic maths should be bailed out by the likes of me.

What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Seriously George, Go f u c k yourself. Everyone has to contribute??? Don't lecture us you pontificating tosspot! I for one was frugal when everyone else was pissing their credit cards, cheap loans and benefits up against the wall. Don't think that now, that you the politicians, the benefit scroungers and morons who borrowed so much without any concept of basic maths should be bailed out by the likes of me.

+1 which is why my finances are so carefully structured.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  +1 which is why my finances are so carefully structured.
                  Which is why we will be in a position to pick up a few bargains!

sorry anyone brought up in the UK (excluding those with abusive parents or well below average IQ) could be well off, they just don't want to be.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Not an option for you as a permie I guess...
                    I have salary sacrificed 20K into the old SIPP to keep my child benefit. I'll let it run into next tax year until I'm below the 50K mark again for that year. The marginal tax rate on the 10K above the 50K mark is about 70%.

Comment

Working...
                    X