• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bradford

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bradford

Had to pay a visit to Bradford at the weekend

M62

Bradford diversity
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Bradistan

Comment

The place is ****ed. I grew up in a town in between Bradford and Leeds and left 25 years ago cause it was going down hill. All the places we used to go drinking in the outskirts are gone and I wouldn't drive through them anymore let alone go for regular nights out. The Park pub at the far end of Manningham Lane was a well to do area and a great Sunday night spot. Last time I went through that area it's was no go zone now.

Was there through all the riots about black bin bags, SITA getting the refuse contract (also happens to be a Hindu god), election rigging every time.

Was at my parents over xmas and my dad said something pretty racist infront of the kids so I told him he can't say that anymore. His response? 'I live in Bradford, of course I can say that'.

Horrible place.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Had a day there last year visiting clientco's clientco. What a dump I was really shocked at just how bad of a place it was.
        Walking back to the station (through town at 5pm) with a laptop bag slung over my shoulder and wearing a suit, I felt very out of place and sure enough a group of lads did make loud sneering comments as I passed.
        Getting on the train was a fecking relief.

Comment

Take some time out to explore the city on foot. You'll be amazed at all the industrial archeology on offer.

Comment

The centre is run down. In many areas within the central area, white British is an ethnic minority. If you drive through the centre, it seems that normal rules of the road do not apply. It is to be avoided if at all possible.

The outskirts with a BD post code include some very pretty areas e.g. Haworth.

Comment

Worked there for 5 years.

It is hell. It is like it belongs in the middle East, not Yorkshire.

Plenty of colleagues got mugged from the local chavs, there were plenty of murders, even a shooting (non fatal) around the corner from my gym one morning.

The roads are built for horse and carts, not cars.

Evil dump.

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
                The centre is run down. In many areas within the central area, white British is an ethnic minority. If you drive through the centre, it seems that normal rules of the road do not apply. It is to be avoided if at all possible.

The outskirts with a BD post code include some very pretty areas e.g. Haworth.
                I would argue if you drive from Halifax to Bradford Royal infirmary (and possibly on until you hit Shipley) during the day they are close to exitinct. Sounds over dramatic but try it and see!
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  I would argue if you drive from Halifax to Bradford Royal infirmary (and possibly on until you hit Shipley) during the day they are close to exitinct. Sounds over dramatic but try it and see!
                  I totally agree - driving down from Thornbury to the centre is a hair raising experience at the best of times.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Lordy - and there's me thinking High Wycombe was bad...

Comment

Working...
                    X