• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone been arrested for using a Montpelier scheme?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone been arrested for using a Montpelier scheme?

Taxman to grill Montpelier clients :: Contractor UK

"a legal representative reportedly estimated 200 interviews under caution would be held this month."

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

"a legal representative reportedly estimated 200 interviews under caution would be held this month."

The IR are going down the bully and intimidate route big-time, aren't they?

I've used the IR term as people need to be aware that the pen-pushing, bureaucratic Inland Revenue arm has appropriated the powers of the land from the Customs and Excise guys who know how to use it properly.

Unlike the CE, the IR do not treat the law with respect.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I think a more pertinent question is 'has anyone sought to seek compensation from a scheme provider yet?'

High Court FOS ruling for UCIS compensation | Rebus Investment Solutions Latest News

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      The IR are going down the bully and intimidate route big-time, aren't they?

I've used the IR term as people need to be aware that the pen-pushing, bureaucratic Inland Revenue arm has appropriated the powers of the land from the Customs and Excise guys who know how to use it properly.

Unlike the CE, the IR do not treat the law with respect.
      IR have always had the ability to investigate and prosecute for tax crimes. The only new powers they have are powers of arrest and surveillance. However, this is not them adopting CE powers, this fell out of formation of HMRC. They've got powers from PACE and RIPA etc.
      "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

I may well be going to Montpellier on Friday.

Lets hope I am okay.....

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
          I think a more pertinent question is 'has anyone sought to seek compensation from a scheme provider yet?'

High Court FOS ruling for UCIS compensation | Rebus Investment Solutions Latest News

IR have always had the ability to investigate and prosecute for tax crimes. The only new powers they have are powers of arrest and surveillance. However, this is not them adopting CE powers, this fell out of formation of HMRC. They've got powers from PACE and RIPA etc.
          Incognito certainly has the power of Acronym!
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post

Lets hope I am okay.....
            Keep us posted Wilmsy, if need be we'll organise rota to bring you cigarettes...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Keep us posted Wilmsy, if need be we'll organise rota to bring you cigarettes...
              Don't prisons have internet access these days? Wilmsy might be posting 24/7.....

Comment

Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post

Lets hope I am okay.....
                The airport or the company?

Comment

The airport or the company?
                  He's being ironic so the airport not the company.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    He's being ironic so the airport not the company.
                    Then well done Wilmslow for a very assuming post.

I wonder when the next one will be?

Comment

Working...
                    X