• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Virgin media FTTC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virgin media FTTC

We will be moving house very soon and are looking at broadband/phone/tv packages etc.

MrsDude has done some research and reckons that Virgin are the best value for money. I have had some serious issues with them in the past and am loathe to give them more money; can anyone here back MrsDude up and tell me that their service has gone being a farking joke to anything resembling decent?

I know that I could search the CUK forums for past experience, but I'm after recent experience.

And anyway, it's quicker to let NLUK search and post the results himself.

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
    We will be moving house very soon and are looking at broadband/phone/tv packages etc.

MrsDude has done some research and reckons that Virgin are the best value for money. I have had some serious issues with them in the past and am loathe to give them more money; can anyone here back MrsDude up and tell me that their service has gone being a farking joke to anything resembling decent?

I know that I could search the CUK forums for past experience, but I'm after recent experience.

And anyway, it's quicker to let NLUK search and post the results himself.
    I've never had a problem with virgin but then again I waited ages before finally getting a superhub* as I knew all the problems about that.

* I only use the superhub as a modem. It may be a decent access point but I had one when it was installed and I've since bought the ASUS RT-N66U which is rock solid.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

OK, thanks eek.

MrsDude will be pleased to know that she is ri... she is riiiggg... She is trending more toward correct than me.

Comment

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to eek again.

Comment

IMO Virgin have got alot better last 2 years. Hardly any service outages in that time.

Having posted that no doubt I will lose the service for the next week or so....

Comment

I've just left Virgin after only 6 months...

Home phone - never really used but seemed OK.

Internet - OK Speed, but constant dropouts
            - Superhub WiFi is a joke, ended up just using it as a modem and buying a better router.

TiVo - Really good user interface, but it just doesn't work.
            Recordings missed at least twice a week.
            Rather than just recording a program when its on, it just records the channel when the program was supposed to be on. So if it starts late you only get half the program - unlike Sky.
            Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
              You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to eek again.
              Don't worry that's the story of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                I've never had a problem with virgin but then again I waited ages before finally getting a superhub* as I knew all the problems about that.

* I only use the superhub as a modem. It may be a decent access point but I had one when it was installed and I've since bought the ASUS RT-N66U which is rock solid.
                Ditto.

Problem is now I have run out of ports and needs a router with more ports. Looking as a D-Link 250 8 porter.
                Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
                  Ditto.

Problem is now I have run out of ports and needs a router with more ports. Looking as a D-Link 250 8 porter.
                  Just buy 8-Port Unmanaged Gigabit Desktop Switch: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories and leave your wireless the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    At that price I have ordered one and will see how it goes. Thanks.
                    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                    X