• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Only 3 years?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only 3 years?

BBC News - A19 death crash texting driver jailed

I was surprised it was such a short sentence. Then realised her victim was Romanian. Lucky for her or the sentence would have been alot longer.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I was surprised it was such a short sentence. Then realised her victim was Romanian. Lucky for her or the sentence would have been alot longer.
    Alas texting would only be classed as an Intermediate Culpability so the most the can get is 4.5 years, given they pleaded guilty a third of the sentence would be taken off leaving three years
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

That is inappropriate even in General.

Comment

3 years seems about right.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
          3 years seems about right.
          Which will probably end up being 18 months.

Comment

Probably.

Dunno about you though but i wouldn't want to go to prison for a week, let alone 18 months.

Comment

Probably.

Dunno about you though but i wouldn't want to go to prison for a week, let alone 18 months.
              Agreed - not a hardened criminal and will have to live with what she has done for the rest of her life. In cases like this I would like to see the offender having to undertake some sort of service such as giving talks about the dangers of texting and driving as part of their sentence. We must not forget that an innocent man lost his life because of this woman not paying attention whilst driving.

Comment

Probably.

Prison is great. No mobile phones - no kids screaming. All your meals done for you. Nice relaxing time.

Comment

Prison is great. No mobile phones - no kids screaming. All your meals done for you. Nice relaxing time.
                  Loads of bumming too.

Comment

They have mobile phones and there is still plenty of screaming
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X