• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone here done time...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here done time...

...in chokey?

And I dont mean a night in the guard room or the cells of your local police station as I'm sure most of us have been there at some time or another during our wayward youths.

If so, what did you go down for? How long were you in for and do you break out in a cold sweat when you hear people talking about Gorillas in the Mist?

No. But visited a number of different ones over the years visiting a Uni friend who got sent down for 11 years for an armed robbery while he was pissed. Lovely places, lovely people.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
      ...in chokey?

And I dont mean a night in the guard room or the cells of your local police station as I'm sure most of us have been there at some time or another during our wayward youths.

If so, what did you go down for? How long were you in for and do you break out in a cold sweat when you hear people talking about Gorillas in the Mist?
      We agents call "doing time" as "college"
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Spent a night in the cells a few times when i was young and stupid, never received a record sufficient enough to stop me getting SC though

Comment

Walking past some scuffling Yank sailors in Frejus one night saw me thrown in a french paddy wagon, whilst they waited for shore patrol. Quite a giggle in the end and got right on it with the yanks the next time I saw them. Shore patrol weren't to be fooked about with mind.

Comment

As my user name suggests, I have done time. 5 months in a prison in the south east of the UK.

It happened during a depressive episode where I got it into my head I was going to go round killing people. The mental health staff treating me not unreasonably got the hump at this, informed the police, and off I was carted to the local nick.

They dropped the charges once I got better, and I was released.

Comment

Nearly, very nearly, about this ' ' far away from it.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Every day at clientCo feels like it...

Comment

Yeah, I once got fitted up for the murder of my wife and her boyfriend and got sent down for life. Once inside I made friends with a guy named Red who sounded like the guy from the More Than insurance ads and looked a bit the guy who runs Batman's Co for him when he's cavorting about like a ponce.

Anyways, I started giving the guards some shrewd financial advice and helped the warden with some scams, so in return they gave me a little hammer for my rock collection and a poster.

Long story short, I dug my way out and nicked the warden's stash and later met up with me old mate Red down in Mexico. We lost contact shortly after but last I heard he was driving some old dear round in her car very slowly.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    Yeah, I once got fitted up for the murder of my wife and her boyfriend and got sent down for life. Once inside I made friends with a guy named Red who sounded like the guy from the More Than insurance ads and looked a bit the guy who runs Batman's Co for him when he's cavorting about like a ponce.

Anyways, I started giving the guards some shrewd financial advice and helped the warden with some scams, so in return they gave me a little hammer for my rock collection and a poster.

Long story short, I dug my way out and nicked the warden's stash and later met up with me old mate Red down in Mexico. We lost contact shortly after but last I heard he was driving some old dear round in her car very slowly.
                    So how did you get into IT then?
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X