• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Family members taking the piss with money

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family members taking the piss with money

Am I the only one?

Seems family seem to think I'm loaded and lucky to be so and, as such, they can screw me over with small amounts of money.

Recently, mrs bought present for mother for xmas off her and other siblings. She was the one had all the hassle of going out and buying, wrapping etc as well. All paid up apart from one brother who, for some reason, left £20 outstanding.

Polite reminders but still no dosh. Don't think he can be arsed now.
    Thing is I thinks he's more minted than me - no kids, drives new BMW, takes about 4-5 holidays a year.

Yeh, I know its £20 but is the principle. Pretty bad how he can stitch a family member u up even if it is for a small amount. And, in effect, he's not paid much for his own mothers xmas present. Even if I was skint as a dog I don't think I could do that!

Aint the first time I've had this with family though.... Not that they know how much I earn but once they found out we pay a cleaner they seem to think we're fair game now!
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Next time leave it up to him to buy the joint present

Comment

PM me. I can give you the details of someone who can give him a good kicking for £50. It's the principle.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

These sentences make me cry

Seems family seem to think
        Recently, mrs bought present for mother for xmas off her and other siblings.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          PM me. I can give you the details of someone who can give him a good kicking for £50. It's the principle.
          Hope your not suggesting yourself? :-)

I've got this mental image of what you look like....
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Am I the only one?

Seems family seem to think I'm loaded and lucky to be so and, as such, they can screw me over with small amounts of money.

Recently, mrs bought present for mother for xmas off her and other siblings. She was the one had all the hassle of going out and buying, wrapping etc as well. All paid up apart from one brother who, for some reason, left £20 outstanding.

Thing is I thinks he's more minted than me - no kids, drives new BMW, takes about 4-5 holidays a year.

Yeh, I know its £20 but is the principle. Pretty bad how he can stitch a family member u up even if it is for a small amount. And, in effect, he's not paid much for his own mothers xmas present. Even if I was skint as a dog I don't think I could do that!

Aint the first time I've had this with family though.... Not that they know how much I earn but once they found out we pay a cleaner they seem to think we're fair game now!
            Family know you best.

Comment

Wouldn't know anything about that, have pretty much no adult family left alive aside from my mother, who is a lot better off than I am.
              Similar picture on my other half's side.

Phew.

Comment

Am I the only one?

Are you a contractor or a mouse... send him an invoice for £20 with a 14 day payment term. If he fails to pay, send the debt to MF. Geez... Do we have to do the thinking for you?
                If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

I've got this mental image of what you look like....

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

HTH

That diet and exercise program has really worked wonders...
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X