PDA

View Full Version : Whats the Market like?!

SimonMac
9th January 2013, 14:31
I know every role will be different, but I assume the market is slow at the moment waiting for the new budgets in April?

Currant gig expires end of Feb and booked some time in the sun so I can try and start something April time but having a sneaky look at my niche and at the moment it is dire, just wanted to know what everyone else is finding?

LatteLiberal
9th January 2013, 14:37
I know every role will be different, but I assume the market is slow at the moment waiting for the new budgets in April?

Currant gig expires end of Feb and booked some time in the sun so I can try and start something April time but having a sneaky look at my niche and at the moment it is dire, just wanted to know what everyone else is finding?

You niche will pick up soon, there is always a post-festive drop in sales at McDonalds.

northernladuk
9th January 2013, 14:38
The market is great. Price of potatoes are down, carrots and kale are in season so lots of tasty bargains to have. The big bangers company is selling spicy sausages at 3 for 2 per pack and our fishmonger is trying to do his own version of 1 pound fish...

A vibrant buzz about the place. Fill your boots.

HTH

SimonMac
9th January 2013, 14:49
I knew I shouldn't have posted this in General :facepalm:

Ketchup
9th January 2013, 14:55
What is you niche SM?

MyUserName
9th January 2013, 14:58
What is you niche? S&M?

FTFY

SimonMac
9th January 2013, 15:10
What is you niche SM?

Not a code monkey, not a test monkey or not a project monkey :D

bobspud
9th January 2013, 15:15
Hi,
the market is rather volatile to say the least, but not at all characteristic of what I would expect for a mid winter/ end of budgets time of year...

I have a jobserve notification set to show me any work in the architecture space and I am getting agents call with at least 2 roles a day at the moment. However rates are all over the shop. I had one poor girl trying to recruit a senior infrastructure architect for £380 per day on monday while the guy on the other line offering me a straight £575. I know which one I am interviewing for later this week.

In this type of market I would be more focused on finding the right job rather than taking a break and missing the one good rate while the rest race for the floor...

norrahe
9th January 2013, 15:19

Not sure about the baking circuit.

SimonMac
9th January 2013, 15:21

http://www.animationplayhouse.com/rasp1.gif

The Spartan
9th January 2013, 15:21
not a test monkey

Unlucky for you, as there seem to be a fair few contract positions available for testers in the UK

BlasterBates
9th January 2013, 21:46
The market is dire, have a holiday.

socialworker
9th January 2013, 21:59

Damn, beat me to it.

Still, let's hope he has a raisin to be cheerful soon.

Old Hack
10th January 2013, 08:43
Seems ok in my area, starting new gig on Monday after finishing tomorrow. Could do with a couple of weeks out to be honest...

Robinho
10th January 2013, 09:09
The market is great. Price of potatoes are down, carrots and kale are in season so lots of tasty bargains to have. The big bangers company is selling spicy sausages at 3 for 2 per pack and our fishmonger is trying to do his own version of 1 pound fish...

A vibrant buzz about the place. Fill your boots.

HTH

:laugh