• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whats the Market like?!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the Market like?!

I know every role will be different, but I assume the market is slow at the moment waiting for the new budgets in April?

Currant gig expires end of Feb and booked some time in the sun so I can try and start something April time but having a sneaky look at my niche and at the moment it is dire, just wanted to know what everyone else is finding?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I know every role will be different, but I assume the market is slow at the moment waiting for the new budgets in April?

Currant gig expires end of Feb and booked some time in the sun so I can try and start something April time but having a sneaky look at my niche and at the moment it is dire, just wanted to know what everyone else is finding?
    You niche will pick up soon, there is always a post-festive drop in sales at McDonalds.

Comment

The market is great. Price of potatoes are down, carrots and kale are in season so lots of tasty bargains to have. The big bangers company is selling spicy sausages at 3 for 2 per pack and our fishmonger is trying to do his own version of 1 pound fish...

A vibrant buzz about the place. Fill your boots.

HTH
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I knew I shouldn't have posted this in General

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

What is you niche SM?

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
            What is you niche? S&M?

FTFY
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
              What is you niche SM?
              Not a code monkey, not a test monkey or not a project monkey

Comment

Hi,
                the market is rather volatile to say the least, but not at all characteristic of what I would expect for a mid winter/ end of budgets time of year...

I have a jobserve notification set to show me any work in the architecture space and I am getting agents call with at least 2 roles a day at the moment. However rates are all over the shop. I had one poor girl trying to recruit a senior infrastructure architect for £380 per day on monday while the guy on the other line offering me a straight £575. I know which one I am interviewing for later this week.

In this type of market I would be more focused on finding the right job rather than taking a break and missing the one good rate while the rest race for the floor...

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Not sure about the baking circuit.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Not sure about the baking circuit.

Comment

Working...
                    X