• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Monkey Trading - Closing Down Sale

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monkey Trading - Closing Down Sale

Right, my shop in Bracknell closes on Sunday. So all of those who live locally and want a bargain had better get down there pretty quickly as Im selling off lots of Thai Tat at bargain prices.

Problems with the lease on my shop and a subsequent over doubling of my rent in the stroke of a pen plus losing out on a contract due to constraints, means I am looking for new premises and to redo the business model slightly. I will be returning to Windsor shortly - hopefully on the high street.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan
    Right, my shop in Bracknell closes on Sunday. So all of those who live locally and want a bargain had better get down there pretty quickly as Im selling off lots of Thai Tat at bargain prices.

Problems with the lease on my shop and a subsequent over doubling of my rent in the stroke of a pen plus losing out on a contract due to constraints, means I am looking for new premises and to redo the business model slightly. I will be returning to Windsor shortly - hopefully on the high street.
    Hang on, I'll just get me coat

Comment

Pardon my ignorance MF

but what is it that you actually sell in your shop?
      Why not?

Comment

Tat

Comment

The only 2 types of shop I see in the UK are Card shops or Mobile Phone shops , everything else is sold by the supermarket or by mail order.

Going down the high street shopping takes so little time as there is nowhere to go unless you want to buy a mobile phone or a card , and I dont shop for clothes with the missus.

Comment

Ratty thai tat, that?

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Thai tat at that...
            chanson d'amour.

Sorry. Or is it good thia tat?
            Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
              but what is it that you actually sell in your shop?
              http://www.monkeytrading.co.uk/

Comment

One of MonkeyTrading's sections is listed as 'Contemporary'.

Maybe Fleety will contribute his EL prowess here.

Something cannot just be 'contemporary' - it has to be contemporary with something else. Same with 'Contemporary music' - contemporary with what ?

Otherwise for example, it's like saying something is 'akin'.

BTC in pedantic mode.

Comment

contemporary thai tat, of course!

Comment

Contemporary with Thai Tat you mean surely.

Comment

Working...
                    X