• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House prices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House prices

Where's the crash?

We moved into our house in February 2004. It was the most expensive property we could possibly afford, intended as an all out investment to ride the endless property boom. I feel like one of those Stephen King characters that can influence nature with their spooky powers. Only I influence them with my ridiculously bad luck.

At least the value is slowly crawling its way upwards now.

Comment

[QUOTE=DimPrawn
      Where's the crash?[/QUOTE]

Too many BTL's and migrants proping up the market too happen here. However, it's happening in the USA right now alledgedly! This guy has a website devoted to it

http://patrick.net/housing/crash.html

Comment

Originally posted by dang65
        We moved into our house in February 2004. It was the most expensive property we could possibly afford, intended as an all out investment to ride the endless property boom. I feel like one of those Stephen King characters that can influence nature with their spooky powers. Only I influence them with my ridiculously bad luck.

At least the value is slowly crawling its way upwards now.

The graph is of house price inflation, a fall in the % increase does not mean prices are going down unless the % increase is <0. Which it hasn't been since you bought your house, so I fail to see how you have been 'unlucky', as house prices have been increasing ever since you bought.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Doomed etc.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Hate to gloat ( well ok, I dont hate it )

Bought in Sept. 04 for 30k below the market price at the time.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Hey lets have a gloating thread?

Comment

Why don't you start?
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Where would I start?

Comment

When will you finish?

Comment

Working...
                    X