• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Greece sinks further into daprivity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greece sinks further into daprivity

BBC News - The tourists held by Greek police as illegal migrants

With 58% youth unemployment this is only the beginning.

But at least the Euro is a success so all must be well.

It's not really the Euro's fault tbf. They've just racked up far too much debt.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
      It might not be all the Euro's fault. But they share alot of the blame. And the only solutions are for the Euro to split in some sense or Euro political unification.

Neither solution is happening so things will get worse for Greece at HUGE human cost. One day in the future people are going to look back and wonder why nothing is changing. Its like looney tunes where the cayote has gone over the cliff running in mid air.

And now nothing will happen in 2013 due to the German elections in September. The longer it goes on the worse the outcome will be.

Comment

******* idiots, they deserve to starve.

UK budget deficit 'to surpass Greece's as worst in EU' | Business | The Guardian
        UK’s deficit ‘could be bigger than Greece's’ - Telegraph
        £1trillion debt: How big is Britain's debt problem? | This is Money

Thank god we are okay.

Comment

I don't really think exiting the Euro would change a lot.

Sure they can print the Drachma like crazy, but that's only going to destroy any wealth that's left and make the cost of everything soar.

Whatever they do, they're going down the toilet.

Comment

But we are okay! We have a floating currency and can inflate our way out of it - like the USA is doing. Greece needs a floating currency.

I feel a bit sorry for the Swiss and Japan by not seeing the obvious solution. Actually that was a lie - I don't really.....

Comment

Interesting both the Korean & Indian said 'we understand why they have to stop people' The Americans comment was 'its cuz I iz black' .

Disgusting behaviour, I suspect it also happens to a lesser extent here (Stuart Lawrence's complaint).
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Interesting both the Korean & Indian said 'we understand why they have to stop people' The Americans comment was 'its cuz I iz black' .

Disgusting behaviour, I suspect it also happens to a lesser extent here (Stuart Lawrence's complaint).
                Methinks you have drifted into the wrong thread.

Comment

I don't really think exiting the Euro would change a lot.

Sure they can print the Drachma like crazy, but that's only going to destroy any wealth that's left and make the cost of everything soar.

Whatever they do, they're going down the toilet.
                  And what is the issue with that? Weimer republic did not do for Germany - it was the depression of early thirties that did that.

The Greeks still think the hard working Germans will bail them out. Which they might if sovereignty is given up.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Stuart Lawrence is making things up and relying on his brother's good name for publicity - and in the meantime dragging down a decent area of London.

He will be proved to be a liar.

Racism in London is almost non existant - there might me class warfare and attrictiveness warfare. Of course above Watford I am sure racism is rife - I have never been there and no experience - but since when has that stopped a good cuk argument?

Comment

Working...
                    X