• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CV/Linkedin Update

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV/Linkedin Update

Its that time of year where I update my CV/Linkedin as my current gig comes to an end, and am thinking of a bit of a refresh. Want to keep it simpler as a list of bullet points for each project with achievements in the project, but instead of a mass block at the start of "skills" under each project firstly a list of Technical Skills used, but also Soft Skills too with details of the Industry that the client is in if not immediately visible so its known when I last used the skills rather than just what I have.

(for those who I am connected on Linkedin with have a look at the gig Nov 2011 - February 2012 for an example of what I mean)

Does this sound logical?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

That's what my CV layout is like, bullet points under each client detailing what I've done there.
    I just sent you a connection request on LI!

Comment

Originally posted by Liamxtype View Post
      That's what my CV layout is like, bullet points under each client detailing what I've done there.
      I just sent you a connection request on LI!
      Didn't know I was that easy to find

I was thinking more along the Soft Skills bit, is it needed? Does it add value?
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Didn't know I was that easy to find

I was thinking more along the Soft Skills bit, is it needed? Does it add value?
        It's your Ltd. name, I found you on facebook too!
        Regarding the soft skills, it's difficult to know how to show that you have soft skills. I think most professionals
        will assume that you already have those skills, it would be evident from your career history and the number of contracts that you've completed. Some agents do put them in the job adverts, " must have client facing skills", are they really that thick that they can't see it from a CV history?

Comment

Working...
        X