• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Glock army pistols for army - any good?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Glock army pistols for army - any good?

BBC News - Glock 17 9mm pistols replace Browning for UK forces

I know the best way to start a on cuk is to mention anything army related.

From the thrillers I've read the Glock is the side arm version of the AK-47, cheap and reliable...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

The Ministry of Defence has signed a £9m contract to provide the Armed Forces with more than 25,000 new side-arms and holsters from Austria's Glock
      Not that long ago another famous Austrian was mad keen on replacing all our rifles with Mausers.

Ho hum........
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Not that long ago another famous Austrian was mad keen on replacing all our rifles with Mausers.

Ho hum........
        No chance of starting a war now. Before that happens you would need massive unemployment...

Comment

Being an expert on these matters (Call of Duty etc.), a pistol is the last thing you want. Stick with two big machine guns, say a PKP PECHENEG with a MK46 as backup

Comment

Comment

pistols are for killing mofos on the street or kids in american schools.

in the military they are used for coups or for show
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

Or for shooting Afghans in uniform.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

They are very small and light (mostly plastic). and easy to control. Admittedly I don't have masses of experience firing guns, but these are certainly the easiest to shoot handgun I have used. The one I shot had a "red dot" type site on and you couldn't really go wrong with it.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

Speaking from experience, when under fire and the rifle runs out of ammo its quicker to draw your sidearm than reload.
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X