• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hassle getting a premier account with Barclays

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hassle getting a premier account with Barclays

Currently with Santander who to be frank are complete tulipe.

Thought, OK, I need a premier account with someone so that I can speak to someone with an IQ of greater than 12 and not waste my time with idiots.

So, I see Barclays do a premier account with some nice add-ons for under £30 a month. Excellent. Thought I'd give them a go.

Saw a nice lady in the branch. She even seemed to understand the dividends idea as opposed to just salary. After a bit mind. LOL

But, its gone a bit pete tong since then. They want paper (not PDF) copies of previous bank statements, paper confirmation of overdraft, paper copy of SA302 (didn't know what this was but HMRC are sending to me). Moaning now because they want wifes from April 2012 as well (not done it yet!).

I knew I shouldn't trust one of the high street banks to actually provide a decent modern service.

The od thing is a joke. I only want £2K to save myself a bit of hassle (I have at santander). They're saying they can match but only if I get it in writing from santander. £2K. Either you want me to open an account or you dont.

To be honest, thinking about telling them to stuff it, and finding someone who'll give me less grief.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Fuuny you say that about Santander. Have been with them for 5 years and apart from the site going doing once in awhile I haven't had an ounce of trouble. Am aware there customer service has been rated poorly for many years but never encountered a problem. They also do a business savers account that pays 2% or something so my money actually earns some interest so am pretty pleased with that.

All said and done I need to look at an RBS business account as I have just found out I can offset a business account with them against my personal mortgage without moving a penny so no BIK. Happy days... but will be sad to have to leave Santander.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Currently with Santander who to be frank are complete tulipe.

Thought, OK, I need a premier account with someone so that I can speak to someone with an IQ of greater than 12 and not waste my time with idiots.

So, I see Barclays do a premier account with some nice add-ons for under £30 a month. Excellent. Thought I'd give them a go.

Saw a nice lady in the branch. She even seemed to understand the dividends idea as opposed to just salary. After a bit mind. LOL

But, its gone a bit pete tong since then. They want paper (not PDF) copies of previous bank statements, paper confirmation of overdraft, paper copy of SA302 (didn't know what this was but HMRC are sending to me). Moaning now because they want wifes from April 2012 as well (not done it yet!).

I knew I shouldn't trust one of the high street banks to actually provide a decent modern service.

The od thing is a joke. I only want £2K to save myself a bit of hassle (I have at santander). They're saying they can match but only if I get it in writing from santander. £2K. Either you want me to open an account or you dont.

To be honest, thinking about telling them to stuff it, and finding someone who'll give me less grief.
      As I've said before, why do contractors bank with the biggest shysters to cut contractor's rates as and when they feel like it?

Been with my bank, Yorkshire, since I were a lad. Been on an off set mortgage with them for the last 12 which has been paid down so have a huge borrowing amount with no need to ask for a loan any time I need it.

Personally wouldnt touch any barcrap product with a barge pole.

Company banking is done through FSB's Co Op free banking facility.

Works for me.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Why struggle to get a service provider to take your money? Have a chat with other banks and see who can open an account the quickest with the lest amount of hassle.

Then tell Barclays to shove it.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          As I've said before, why do contractors bank with the biggest shysters to cut contractor's rates as and when they feel like it?

Been with my bank, Yorkshire, since I were a lad. Been on an off set mortgage with them for the last 12 which has been paid down so have a huge borrowing amount with no need to ask for a loan any time I need it.

Personally wouldnt touch any barcrap product with a barge pole.

Company banking is done through FSB's Co Op free banking facility.

Works for me.
          When you say offset is that offsetting your business account against your personal mortgage? I have a thread open on this just now and called RBS as a poster pointed out it wouldn't include LTD's and the guy at RBS has just confirmed they can't take LTD's due to problems with HMRC, so nothing to do with their choice of products.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            When you say offset is that offsetting your business account against your personal mortgage? I have a thread open on this just now and called RBS as a poster pointed out it wouldn't include LTD's and the guy at RBS has just confirmed they can't take LTD's due to problems with HMRC, so nothing to do with their choice of products.
            No, my personal banking including offset mortgage is completely separate from my business. There's too much hassle with hmrc business wise to give them an easy 'in' with your personal finance linking the two imo.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
              No, my personal banking including offset mortgage is completely separate from my business. There's too much hassle with hmrc business wise to give them an easy 'in' with your personal finance linking the two imo.
              Yeah well I found that out in my thread about 5 mins ago. It appears the banks can't offer a product linked to a LTD because of HMRC meddling anyway. I thought it was banks not offering it because they would get virtually no interest from companies with 100's of K in the bank but it's out of their hands it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Fuuny you say that about Santander. Have been with them for 5 years and apart from the site going doing once in awhile I haven't had an ounce of trouble. Am aware there customer service has been rated poorly for many years but never encountered a problem. They also do a business savers account that pays 2% or something so my money actually earns some interest so am pretty pleased with that.

All said and done I need to look at an RBS business account as I have just found out I can offset a business account with them against my personal mortgage without moving a penny so no BIK. Happy days... but will be sad to have to leave Santander.
                You must be the only one in the UK to get good service out of them. I've had loads of hassle.

Best one was the credit card. I got one off them with no foreign fees - great I thought for USA holidays.

So, phoned them before I went - gave them start dates and end dates. 8 days in card declined. Phoned them they said it had been declined because it had been used in the USA. Yes, said I, by me as I told you. Oh yeh I can see you phoned a few weeks ago to let us know, said fella sorry we'll re-enable it.

Two days later. EXACT SAME THING. Same conversation on the phone. By which point I was a bit pissed off.

Happened another twice before I came home.... Not happy with that one.

Business Savers account sounds OK though. 2% for any balance? Im with cater allen (yes I know they are santander but they are good) and its 0% under £250K!

RBS idea sounds good too. Think of all that nice money in business account waiting to be paid as CT all the while saving you mortgage interest. Thank you mr HMRC.
                Last edited by psychocandy; 11 January 2013, 14:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
                  Why struggle to get a service provider to take your money? Have a chat with other banks and see who can open an account the quickest with the lest amount of hassle.

Then tell Barclays to shove it.
                  Might do. To be honest, when I first spoke to them they weren't keen. When they found out actual money going into account I think I got upgrade from junior member of team to permier banking manager in branch to deal with me.

Still tulipe though.

Comment

Saying that about Cater Allen they did **** up big time once....

A large credit disappeared from my statement retrospectively. Luckily I had a hard copy because it just disappeared one day. They then tried to tell me it never existed. Not impressed with that.

Turned out they'd duplicated a credit somehow and then managed to delete accidentally a credit from a month earlier. I wasn't impressed that entries can be just made to disappear like that because I argued any amendments should show as contra entry.

Anyway, caused me hassle so I made them cough up some half decent compo for that one. £150 or so in the end because I wasted hours pissing about with them.

Comment

Working...
                    X