• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed

Just landed a nice little 5 day gig, to complement my existing contract. Contract failed the qdos test initially, but after some wrangling it now passes. Doing this mini gig should add further credence to my in business on own account (multiple clients), plus rate is 200 a day more than current gig, not a bad way to start the weekend!
    "You can't climb the ladder of success, with your hands in the pockets"
    Arnold Schwarzenegger

Originally posted by No2politics View Post
    Just landed a nice little 5 day gig, to complement my existing contract. Contract failed the qdos test initially, but after some wrangling it now passes. Doing this mini gig should add further credence to my in business on own account (multiple clients), plus rate is 200 a day more than current gig, not a bad way to start the weekend!
    Congrats.

But how can a 5 day contract possibly ever fall inside IR35?

Comment

Boomed

That's what I thought/think too. Did it more to see the process in prep for the next time. Plus it was only 48 quid which is tax deductible.
      Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

Well done!
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I dont know if it adds to your credance, but it adds to your bank balance.

every month I get a nice letter from Barclays called, bank statement

why dont I get a similar one from the IR called Credance statement

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Boomed

Ha!
            credence.

Also not to be confused with cretin:
            1. A stupid person
            2. A person deformed and mentally handicapped due to a congenital thyroid deficiency
            Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

Working...
            X