• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Death Star Petition Rejected

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death Star Petition Rejected

A petition to the President of the United States, a Mr Obama, which called for him to "Secure resources and funding, and begin construction of a Death Star by 2016" has been rejected: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/res...-youre-looking.
    The Administration shares your desire for job creation and a strong national defense, but a Death Star isn't on the horizon. Here are a few reasons:
    • The construction of the Death Star has been estimated to cost more than $850,000,000,000,000,000. We're working hard to reduce the deficit, not expand it.

• The Administration does not support blowing up planets.

• Why would we spend countless taxpayer dollars on a Death Star with a fundamental flaw that can be exploited by a one-man starship?

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    A petition to the President of the United States, a Mr Obama, which called for him to "Secure resources and funding, and begin construction of a Death Star by 2016" has been rejected: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/res...-youre-looking.
    The Administration shares your desire for job creation and a strong national defense, but a Death Star isn't on the horizon. Here are a few reasons:
    • The construction of the Death Star has been estimated to cost more than $850,000,000,000,000,000. We're working hard to reduce the deficit, not expand it.

• The Administration does not support blowing up planets.

• Why would we spend countless taxpayer dollars on a Death Star with a fundamental flaw that can be exploited by a one-man starship?

All the proof one needs to see that Obama lacks CAN-DO attitude, Reagan is turning in his grave now...

Comment

Dead on here tonight
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Dead on here tonight

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Have you wet the bed?

Oh that's the other one isn't it?

You've got a puncture right?

Comment

Neither - it's 8:20am here, going to have nice breakfast now and work on SKA.

What are your weekend plans, loser - still waiting for that ship to airplane upgrade in LA?

Comment

Neither - it's 8:20am here, going to have nice breakfast now and work on SKA.

What are your weekend plans, loser - still waiting for that ship to airplane upgrade in LA?
              8.20am? Where the hell are you? It's 8.20pm on Friday where I am?

I'm off to a 600 people Sales Kickoff in the morning at a lovely resort in California, full of overly competitive sales people where I will be acting as peace keeper. Oh what joy.

Comment

8.20am? Where the hell are you? It's 8.20pm on Friday where I am?

I'm off to a 600 people Sales Kickoff in the morning at a lovely resort in California, full of overly competitive sales people where I will be acting as peace keeper. Oh what joy.
                Moscow.

Peace keepers usually get caught in cross fire and given your midget like height of 4'2'' it's best that you stay at home...

Comment

Moscow.

Peace keepers usually get caught in cross fire and given your midget like height of 4'2'' it's best that you stay at home...
                  4'2''? I'm not lying down.

Well if you're in Moscow, I'll have a quick word with my mate Obama, see if we can send over a missile.

Anyway, you said you'd never go back to Russia ever since they have up Communism and started reading the Daily Mail.

Comment

Anyway, you said you'd never go back to Russia ever since they have up Communism and started reading the Daily Mail.
                    I am going back every few years to check how are things.

Walked through green customs corridor but they told me to put stuff onto Xray machine

Comment

Working...
                    X