• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Got paid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got paid

Direct invoicing of the client on weekly basis, paid same day via bank transfer, work from home and client is actually good to work for, is there anything else one would want from life?

If contracting life is so good then maybe I should drop SKA and focus on making big bucks to spend them on morgage, women and other life's luxiries?
    Last edited by AtW; 29 June 2006, 12:51.

Grammar ...

that would be ....

want from life?

You are forgiven, my Russian spelling is worse than a 5 year olds and my spoken grammer reduces normally austere Russians to tears of laughter.
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
      Direct invoicing of the client on weekly basis, paid same day via bank transfer, work from home and client is actually good to work for, is there anything else one would want from life?

If contracting life is so good then maybe I should drop SKA and focus on making big bucks to spend them on morgage, women and other life's luxiries?
      I had a feeling the SKA was going down the pan. Lots of time putting pointless features into node, fixing silly bugs, sucking up to Linux users and no real actual SKA.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW

Ahhh, the lure of filthy lucre. You stick to the SKA it'll make more in the long run.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Don't give up on the SKA twaty.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Nobody gives up on anything - its just a very short 2 weeks contract that I think will finish today, good money and working from home too, would not mind to actually do few days a month of that kind of work.

Comment

Yeh. Nice having interesting work at home on decent rate. Slight problem I always had was getting paid. They still owe me £1500 and no idea what, if anything, I will get from the receiver. Same people (they were brought by another company) have asked me to quote rate for an upgrade. Hmm.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
              X