• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Credit Card Machine For My LTD - What Happens If It Folds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Card Machine For My LTD - What Happens If It Folds

I have a plan b I am working on and need to sign up for a card reading terminal to process payments on the move.

Has anyone signed up for them? Crucially what happens if your business goes bust and someone does a charge back - Are they able to force you to pay that amount personally?

Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post
    I have a plan b I am working on and need to sign up for a card reading terminal to process payments on the move.

Has anyone signed up for them? Crucially what happens if your business goes bust and someone does a charge back - Are they able to force you to pay that amount personally?
    The debt will die with the company, but its safe to say if you are having money problems one of the first people to bail would be the payments people
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post

The bank will harvest you for useful organs and sell them to the highest bidder.

It's only fair.

Comment

Square or izettle will do that for you so I really don't know what your problem is.

As for charge backs the bank will swallow the fee. Then put a bounty on your detached head after what AtW said.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Hi DeludedAussie

I work in the card payments industry so I thought I'd give you a bit of information regarding your question.

Whoever you sign up with will ask you a number of questions about your business and it's background. The acquirer (Cardnet etc) will then require you to fill in an application form detailing your turnover, length of time in business, average sale value etc. From the information given, they will make a decision - there are only 7 card acquirers in the UK and they will all do the same kinds of background checks.

I think it's natural to be concerned about any debt's that may be left behind if a company folds, and I'm definitely not an accountant or solicitor, but my guess is that the card company would be just another one of the creditors.

With regards to Square or Zettle, I don't know very much about them, apart from what I've read on their websites, but I'm guessing they would have a similar application process. I think they are good services if you are only looking to process up to about £1000 per month on cards.

I hope this is useful.

Eddie

Comment

Working...
          X