• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

solar panel and tax implications

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

solar panel and tax implications

Has anyone got a limited company and a put solar panel feed-in-tarrif (FIT) install on their books ?

Thought it was a good investment for our company funds back when the FIT was high.

Any others in the same boat ?

Is it on Company premises or a private residence? If it is on your house and you put the income through the Company does this have implications when you sell the house as it may be considered that an element of it belongs to the Co and the company element of any profit on the sale could be subject to Corp Tax

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
      Is it on Company premises or a private residence? If it is on your house and you put the income through the Company does this have implications when you sell the house as it may be considered that an element of it belongs to the Co and the company element of any profit on the sale could be subject to Corp Tax
      Private residence and the income (FIT) generated goes to the ltd co. Didnt want to go through these free solar schemes ...rent your roof for free electricity.

http://www.isis-solar.com/

However my accountant is worried about this being a benefit in kind !

Comment

how old, can you depreciate?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

basically our accoutants are trying to work out how best to do the accounts (which allowances etc etc)..

however I think they want me to take the lot personally as its reasonably complicated .....they thought it was a good idea in August 2011 to have it in the co !!

Comment

I can't see why your limited can't do this as long as it pays a rent to you personally for using your private residence roof space.

So your ltd pays for the equipment and installation and pays you a rent for the roof space and any income made for the FIT goes to your limited.

Same as the rent a roof idea but through your own ltd.

Comment

Working...
            X