• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does she post here or have we started a new trend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does she post here or have we started a new trend?

Here

Columnist Julie Burchill should be sacked for her "disgusting rant" against transexuals, a coalition minister said on Sunday.

Liberal Democrat Lynne Featherstone condemned an Observer piece in which the journalist made a series of cutting comments about "bedwetters in bad wigs" and "shemales".
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

One could call her a fat, self-promoting, old ex-christian, ex-lesbian hag.

But that would be rude...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

She looks like a rebuild herself.

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Does this mean MTT wouldn't

Comment

Julie Burchill's an irritating git, but so is Lynne Featherstone for jumping on this bandwagon in an attempt to get herself some free publicity.

She should also realise that Burchill, like the majority of columnists, will have been writing for the Observer under a freelance contract, and therefore cannot be "sacked". Annoying as Burchill is, we must condemn the coalition government's thinly-disguised attempts to deem her an employee.

Comment

Julie Burchill is a nasty piece of work. She has to vent her nasty spleen in the papers because the hillarious squeaky voice she has means she would otherwise never be taken seriously. It's almost proof there is a god.

Comment

Working...
            X