• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Insurance Premiums

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Insurance Premiums

Anyone seen any marked change following the recent change re sex equality etc?

Or changes for any other reason.

My renewal price has gone up from £926 to £1445 this year with no claim!!

Yes on Confused.Com it's 704.

Peculiar.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

It's hard to say. They fluctuated wildly before so I think you will be trying to compare apples with pears. It's going up all the time due to personal injury, they insurers are constantly changing their risk base and there is always a battle on for new customers compared to renewals.

Something has to be somewhat stable to be able to compare before and after and that certainly does not describe insurance.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Renewal always go up, never down (they have to make up for those high cusomer acquisition costs you know, plus those smart arses who use price comparison sites - suckers who are left behind have to pay for that also).

Used price comparison site myself, got quote down from 550 to 400 - the company (esure) refused to price match, so I told them where to go - idiots, was with them for many years and never made a claim

Ah yes - the change due to stupid EU ruling on insurance prices dependant on gender will just mean that women will pay as much as men do now.

Comment

Weren't motor policies supposed to go up for women and down for men following the Gender Neutrality thing? Conversely, life policies were supposed to go up for men and down for women.

Comment

Originally posted by Project Monkey View Post
          Weren't motor policies supposed to go up for women and down for men following the Gender Neutrality thing? Conversely, life policies were supposed to go up for men and down for women.
          No.

The court ruled that insurance companies should not factor in gender, so all things equal prices will be the same...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            No.

The court ruled that insurance companies should not factor in gender, so all things equal prices will be the same...
            They should be equel now, but they weren't before so to equelise, some went up, some came down. That was the theory anyway.

Its a bit like the Birmingham binmens' dispute, that is, for the women to gain, the men had (or is it still have) to loose.
            Last edited by Project Monkey; 14 January 2013, 16:50.

Comment

Finally got it at 799 Axa, the one on confused.com (Large, four legs, grey with a trunk and tusks) tried to push it up to £1027 when I finally rang them.

Still it's a slight reduction on last years premium.
              Last edited by Scrag Meister; 13 February 2013, 12:21.
              Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

I use a price match site to gt the initial quote and then go via quidco if there is any extra cash back to be had.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I have a man who does all that insurance tulip for me. I just ring him up and tell him what I want I want and he sends me all the details from which I choose the best. Every 6 months or so he drops me a mail saying that he's found someone cheaper so would I like to change. Works out pretty well...
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                    I use a price match site to gt the initial quote and then go via quidco if there is any extra cash back to be had.
                    That's exactly what I do, why hand confused.com 30-40GBP when you can get it back
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                    X