• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RIP HMV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP HMV

Going into administration in the morning, it seems

EDIT: ah, just seen it's already been mentioned. Move along, please.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Going into administration in the morning, it seems
    KUATB
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Who are the people that thought the likes of HMV were going to survive? If I'd been a shareholder, I'd have got out 5 years ago.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Damn: I meant to post that in the other thread.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          Who are the people that thought the likes of HMV were going to survive? If I'd been a shareholder, I'd have shorted it 5 years ago.
          Call yourself a contractor (oh and I did)
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I have fond memories of HMV I always used to go in there as a kid and listen to the latest releases, I took my daughter in there Christmas eve and she fleeced me for a Little Mix CD lol. I'll miss the place but I do believe they could have better structured their online business to support their physical retail stores

Hahaha wrong thread too!! damn it
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

I am suprised it has gone on so long.

I worked there 20 years ago in central london, it was chaos, Dept managers and their assistants doing 'deals', credit card fraud hourly.

Out of control back then.

Comment

Had good memories of HMV. But I haven't been in there in a few years as I don't really buy or listen to much music anymore. Most anything I listen to is on last.fm or YouTube.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                X