• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is the iPhone finished?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the iPhone finished?

BBC News - Apple suppliers' shares fall on report of cut in orders

Apple suppliers' shares fall on report of cut in orders

Apple has reduced orders by about 50% for its latest model, according to the Nikkei newspaper in Japan.
    Is it about the latest handset, the maps cock up, and people sticking with the 4s or 4, or is there a more fundamental erosion of interest in their phones?

I don't have one and never will. Any owners got any thoughts?

It's hard to expect same people to pay 700-800 USD every year for a relatively minor upgrade, especially given heavy competition from Android.

Comment

I've just got an S3....bloody great it is. I refuse to buy anything beginning with a small "i".
      Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        It's hard to expect same people to pay 700-800 USD every year for a relatively minor upgrade, especially given heavy competition from Android.
        It also makes it less affordable to emerging markets which Nokia are having some success in tapping and of course more affordable Android smartphones.
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

I have an iPhone and I think it is great, I prefer it vastly to my Android one.

However, I think it is doomed. There does not seem to be any effort in developing it further. It is almost like Apple is great at making devices and convincing you that you want them but not so good at keeping these devices growing.

My next phone will probably be whatever the latest Nokia is at the time.
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I have the S3 and its great, wouldn't go to an iPhone...

I am waiting to see how Linux on a phone works out

BBC News - Ubuntu operating system comes to Android smartphones

only natural progression for phones to double up as a portable desktop device...

I think they need to move on into a VoIP set up tho, log on from any unit and pull your account service down to it from wherever...
            Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
              My next phone will probably be whatever the latest Nokia is at the time.
              Love Nokia phones not fussed on the Windows Phone 7 OS but I might try 8 and see if it's any better
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                I have the S3 and its great, wouldn't go to an iPhone...

I am waiting to see how Linux on a phone works out

BBC News - Ubuntu operating system comes to Android smartphones

only natural progression for phones to double up as a portable desktop device...

I think they need to move on into a VoIP set up tho, log on from any unit and pull your account service down to it from wherever...
                WAS! Looking forward to seeing how this pans out.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  I've got a 2 year old iPhone 4 that will last at least another year.

Then I'll take the advice of an erstwhile fanboi and buy the latest Samsung.

I can't justify the cost of an iPhone, this one was <£100 less than my iPad.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    I've got a 2 year old iPhone 4 that will last at least another year.

Then I'll take the advice of an erstwhile fanboi and buy the latest Samsung.

I can't justify the cost of an iPhone, this one was <£100 less than my iPad.
                    Its why I've ended up with a nexus 4 (for the money my year old 4s went for).
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X