• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Let the train take the strain.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let the train take the strain.

Joyride anyone?

Linky

"Managers from Stockholm Transport stressed that, despite the incident, it was almost impossible to steal a train and take it on an unauthorised journey."

WTF

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
      "Managers from Stockholm Transport stressed that, despite the incident, it was almost impossible to steal a train and take it on an unauthorised journey."
      More evidence that 'managers' are generally a waste of space and oxygen.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

new title

Take the train, give police the strain.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

And after all that, the cleaner didn't steal the train - it was an accident!

So, can you start a train and jump over a bridge while polishing the knobs? We need to know.

Innocent Linky

Comment

I thought it might be my fault for a sec, luckily the project I work on doesn't deal with trains only roads <phew>
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
              And after all that, the cleaner didn't steal the train - it was an accident!

So, can you start a train and jump over a bridge while polishing the knobs? We need to know.

Innocent Linky
              Effin typical of today's management to call her a thief first and then back down in the face of later questions.

Everything suggests it was a pure accident where several temporary and unfortunate circumstances caused the woman to set the train in motion when she was cleaning," Paer Andersson said in a statement, according to AFP news agency.

The train operating companies, Arriva and SL, may now face an investigation into a possible breach of safety laws.

A spokesman for Arriva said it was unfortunate that the woman, who was detained in hospital on suspicion of destroying public property, had been described as a thief.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Signal problem made me late by an hour this morning, signal problem held me up by half an hour getting home.

Someone needs a good boot in the stones here.

So the driver tells us we are going to be late, puts on a red bib, jumps out the train, walks up to the signal light, uses a phone in a wee box, comes back to the train and tells everyone that there is a signal problem.

I just do not know where to start on that.

Comment

Working...
                X