• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ClientCo IT Support Monkeys

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ClientCo IT Support Monkeys

Do you try and keep them onside? I was always advised to. They seem to know it and play up to it. Always having to pussy foot around them and cajole them into doing things.

You don't have to do the same for other departments. I don't go out of my way to schmooze the accounts team so my invoices get paid, or snuggle up to the business development team so I get a renewal.

Is the entry criteria for being a permie support monkey to be a self important trumped up little tulipe?

Any support monkeys on here care to comment about their permie days?

#justsayin
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

You don't have to do the same for other departments. I don't go out of my way to schmooze the accounts team so my invoices get paid, or snuggle up to the business development team so I get a renewal.
    Well you wouldn't unless you're a permie or agent!
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Well you wouldn't unless you're a permie or agent!
      Right. So why do support teams expect us to suck dick just to get things done? They are paid to do a job like anyone else.

Comment

Right. So why do support teams expect us to suck dick just to get things done? They are paid to do a job like anyone else.
        As I'm not a permie I don't speak to support teams. I talk to the person who hired me and get them to sort it out otherwise I don't work, simples...Actually, I've been here 3 years now and I've not once had to talk to support/helpdesk
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Obviously you are good at it!

The reason is contractors are the only ones they can impose such restrictions on, you is their bitch just as they are the businesses's bitch.

Or maybe they are obeying restrictions based on ISO, ITIL or SOX that their masters have handed them?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

ClientCo has out sourced everything to TCS, I try not to hit them with a shovel most days
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I am a contractor, and if stuff isn't done, I can't do my job. But I still get paid. This is happy days in contractor world, afaiac; I suck no support cock. However, there are people who pay me, and seeing me doing little gets them sucking support cock to hurry me up. These are not happy contractor moments.

Support monkeys: please carry on being lazy fooks, for it makes me earn more, with less effort.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                ClientCo has out sourced everything to TCS, I try not to hit them with a shovel most days
                I feel your pain. Total Cockup Solutions make life so much fun!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

But not very much, hence the attitude. Sucking up doesn't usually work. Grin and bear it and make sure you point it out to your manager in a regular email round up thus covering your behind.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Been there with tcs. Worst I've ever seen. MSAT otoh are streets apart.

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                    I am a contractor, and if stuff isn't done, I can't do my job. But I still get paid. This is happy days in contractor world, afaiac; I suck no support cock. However, there are people who pay me, and seeing me doing little gets them sucking support cock to hurry me up. These are not happy contractor moments.

Support monkeys: please carry on being lazy fooks, for it makes me earn more, with less effort.
                    Love this

Comment

Working...
                    X